(full album)

Screen Shot 2021-12-01 at 11.43.29

4 Likes

I’ve been enjoying this one lately too! It reminded me a bit of this other ambient/jazz record that came out this year:

2 Likes

I’m sitting in my living room and enjoying this album very much right now

2 Likes

Absolutely blown away by this album:

I found it trying to find the OST for the game called Sheep, Dog and Wolf on the PSX (which is really really good) and oops it might one of my new favorite albums. Gotta listen to his newer album soon when i get the energy.

3 Likes

This was trendy a couple years ago but I only just listened to it last night while mapping and was super surprised by the production of it. Thought it was really great fun. Also like, I wonder if one of the vocalists on this was the narrator or one of the voices in Kitty Horrorshow’s Anatomy cause I kept having serious flashbacks to when I was writing a paper on that game and had to closely transcribe the dialog. A rumor I heard suggested this is true, but idk where that comes from.

1 Like

i kind of fell off black dresses around the time this album came out but i really love their song Static

I’ll check it out! I think that’s off the previous album.

2 Likes

one of my freshmen this quarter was a music hipster and they recommended me this John Zorn project PainKiller which is blowin my fuckn miiiiiind

1 Like

I am drinking jasmine green tea. I just “finished” my midterm assignment. It feels harder to concentrate now. I think listening to this and drinking tea helped. Now I’m thinking about many things even though I need to go to sleep. Sometimes I imagine how relaxing it would be to create things for a living. I imagine sitting at a desk with my tools. I imagine having a ritual. Maybe steeping tea is the first step and, by the time I’m finished with the rest of my setup, the tea is brewed. I might be working across from a window with indirect sunlight. There could be a single photograph on the wall I can stare at when I hit a creative block. I would have many tricks like these.

For now, work is not so simple. It’s not hard actually. It just feels like everything is in the background and nothing is coming to the front.

6 Likes

damn

5 Likes

this is incredible i was just vibing to it and then all of a sudden twin peaks bass haha

1 Like

Tri-fecta of cool music vid, full album and track of the moment:

Those nordic ppl are really somethin’ :servbotsalute:

1 Like

This came up in my recommendations and it hits the way that an odd YouTube rec can. It’s from an '80s Estonian group. it’s jazz rock fusion with a lot of modern classical touches. I’m only one track in, but let’s just assume that the rest is worth the full album recommendation.

2 Likes

2 Likes

these were originally availble only at shows and by mail order i think but they were remastered and rereleased earlier this year as one disk along with a bunch of other broadcast back catalog stuff. each track is like a one to two minute long wordless vignette that sometimes sound like a song, sometimes like a cacophany, sometimes like an incomprehensible machine, sometimes like slightly haunted underwater elevator music, etcetera, and they kind of just unfold from one to the next in a matter of fact sort of way

5 Likes
1 Like

kind of a curious one but the following performance was combined with another 1991 performance in Spain, and released as the album JAZZ FUTURES - LIVE IN CONCERT (1993). I recently purchased the CD to digitize it, as it’s well out of print.

john coltrane - infinity

1 Like