(full album)

1 Like

1 Like

ohh yes

famous record but who cares, it kills

1 Like

One of Argentina’s most beloved rock bands, fronted by a major figure in the country’s pop music history, Gustavo Cerati. I’ve seen this album called the Loveless of Argentina. I don’t think that’s precisely right, but it’s an excellent shoegaze-inflected pop-rock record.

2 Likes
2 Likes

I have turned my 30-60 minute commute into something to look forward to. I have done this by listening to 70’s LPs. Was that the best decade for music? It certainly feels like it based off of what I’m listening to. Naturally, I made brackets. Each day, I pick two albums from the same year and same region. It’s been especially good for albums that don’t have radio-sized singles. Having an hour of captive time now feels like a positive! Here are a few of my new discoveries from the “Northern America” tour.

Now I’m flipping through albums from Western Europe. This is really where having an uninterrupted chunk of time helps.

For instance, I had never listened to Desertshore past “Janitor of Lunacy.” This is especially tragic because the very next song, “The Falconer,” is so captivating.

The ultimate LP for commuting.

7 Likes

yeah that peacock record is a cracker, nice to see it around

2 Likes

oh hell yeah im the one is one of my favorites

Negative Gemini - Forget Your Future

Been listening to this thanks to @miffy , it’s really good. I’m no good at music analysis but something about this album almost literally puts me into a trance. The lyrics either remind me of half-formed memories of dreams or intrusive thoughts, depending on the song. One of the few albums I’ve sat down and just listened to in a long time. Somehow it sounds like background music but I can’t listen to it in the background because it melts my brain. It rules, it is very all-consuming for me.

Captain Ahab - The End Of Irony

There are like 5 versions of this album floating around, but the one on Bandcamp is the best

I would describe it as a concept album slash rave that begins with the accidental summoning of a Dark God Of Partying, moves through the various stages of partying (including a crucifixion of the false god of techno), and closes with the world ending entirely. It’s like 35% a joke and 85% killer music, and 10% extremely annoying. One song slowly speeds up until it’s just a buzzing noise, which abruptly turns into a buzzsaw version of the melody for Rhapsody In Blue. It’s absolutely incredible from beginning to end.

4 Likes
3 Likes

fell in love with this within a few minutes. alert to @meauxdal

1 Like