Fox Junction

I love obscure Japanese PS1 games. Has anyone played Fox Junction? I can’t seem to find a single review of it and I was wondering if it is worth buying.

Only review I ever saw (having never looked for one) was a short Japanese blog post that implied it was a bad purchase, but I think were talking from a Japanese retail debut price - not sure what that was, but I doubt I would have been with such a buy either. But if we’re talking a fondness for the obscure and a <$20 price, it can be pretty magical. Highly repetitive but magical. Chill.

old thread: http://forums.selectbutton.net/viewtopic.php?t=40942

I own it!

woah, I love the way this looks. proto-over-the-shoulder, I guess? the basic messages seem easy enough to translate, since the items are in kana. might be good for someone teaching themself japanese.

I’ve heard legend of the Fox Junction thread.

They say it returns every three years, as if it follows some invisible orbit that none can discern.

Luckily we have the ancient scrolls of ourselves from three years ago.

3 Likes

I played this game y’all.

Edit:discourse has an interesting understanding of the passage of time.

1 Like

Is it any good?

Eh, it’s probably better than my understanding of time, but it takes some getting used to.

i’ve played this game, started numerous sb threads about it and wrote a review of it for money in a print magazine

i’m not sure “good” is the right word for fox junction, but it is both beautiful and mysterious

you should probably get it

3 Likes

Hm. It’s returned after 2 years?

Could it be…

THE QUICKENING…?

1 Like

I bought a copy off of eBay and I’m waiting for it to arrive. Any links to your article about the game?

it was issue 144 of retro gamer, you can probably find a copy of some kind somewhere

damn it looks GORGEOUS

only one year later, the fox junction thread rears its head once again, because i found this link, to what appears to be a japanese guide

1 Like

I love obscure Japan-only PS1 games. There were so many weird, experimental games that came out for the PS1. This weekend I will fire up the PS1 and start a new thread dedicated to this idea. First up, Hakaioh King of Crusher. It has been on my list of games to play ever since HG101 covered it on their podcast.

1 Like

i’ve written about a few in the past, too

4 Likes

Oh boy. Down the rabbit hole I go.

1 Like

Wow I was unhelpful in this thread.

Now I can my strongest memory of this game is watching a youtube hack lose his mind because of this game.

3 Likes

Lucky Duck-ish…
(oddly, I DON’T mean a near curse word…
magical world, eh!?)