MON HUNTERS thread

We’re here
We’re queer
Get used to it
Also join so we can beat up this beautiful bejeweled lady together

5 Likes

We did beat the ever living jewels off of that glittery magical beast.

1 Like

I have rescinded my angst and decided that Kulve Taroth is a pretty good Fondue Nergigante

3 Likes

i’ve gotten two rare 8 weapons that i know how to parse off this thing and they’re both awesome

really like a lot about the structure of the fight itself and the cute as hell gathering hall collabo vibe and the huge amount of new loot - having this and the absolutely brutal tempered deviljho fight added to the game makes me v hype about further updates

1 Like

well goddamn

What blades are they using?

Fire and Ice (blast and ice element together). They show it at the end of the video and probably list their loadout in the vid description too. It’s standard practice for MonHun speedrunning.

Sick day got me into HR. Getting more deliberate guard pointing in which is sweet.

1 Like

HR is exactly who shouldn’t be forcing you to work on a sick day

5 Likes

As beLOW, so it is up HIGH: Anjanath is currently ruining my shit. Just something about his range of attacks and my usual positioning puts me in harms way. I should learn to guard point his charges and head butts.

Anyway Bazelgeuse is an aptly terrifying encounter to have swoop into your fights and carpet bomb indiscriminately.

3 Likes

feel free to crosspost this to best images thread

4 Likes

HEAVY BOWGUN

2 Likes

so i need to be HR14 to do the dante stuff

i need to kill two more elder dragons in the story

anyone wanna help me knock that out sometime??

1 Like

I will gladly do that in like two hours or so.

will help anyone with anything

Just got home if you want to do this, @rye

ack sorry, some stuff came up and today kinda got away from me. i’ll have a look who’s online when i get a chance to play tomorrow.

Slept on defeat, woke up to not wiping on the Anjanath fight. I’ve also settled on an initial clown suit to work towards for high rank charge blading.

The Code Red event is one of the more exhausting to get all these red orbs, mostly cause of Teostra. Good thing by the time I finish I’ll be motivated to actually use a new weapon

1 Like

i’ve only ever played MH3U before so i really appreciate the number of small UI tweaks and QoL upgrades (as someone who enjoys mixing and matching armor for looks, i appreciate that armor skills are a bit more lenient in that regard)

The most consequential for me is the training ground, being able to quickly play with and get a handle on all the weapons so much more easily means that it’s harder than ever for me to decide what to settle in! I think i’m gonna stick with upgrading hunting horn for a minute, but greatswords seem a little easier to use now, and bowguns are a lot more appealing now that i don’t have to switch between Blademaster/Gunner, and the insect glaive is so motherfucking cool, i wanna be a dragoon/insectomancer, aughhh, etc.