Final Fantasy XIV (Part 1)

i would be tempted to go viera if i wasn’t so heavily invested in being an enormous spear lady

i bought Stormblood alone on PS4 when it was on sale but that feels silly now i know we’ve got a new expansion on the way?? i probably wanna jump back in at some point but whether i’d do that before SB2 hits is a big question

3 Likes

they haven’t been added yet so prob pple with the gold saucer rabbit ears?

still crafting
i’ll be a builder of the realm someday

3 Likes

ohh gotcha! rabbit ears are cute.

i played this a ton over the long weekend and i’m way deep into a hole. i love the world and my character and i’m understanding a lot more of the mechanics and how me as a character in the ffxiv universe fits in.

i think.

anyway i got poofy pants

4 Likes

Towering Bunny Girl is maybe the only thing that’ll make switch from Towering Elf Girl

speaking of which:

4 Likes

i was looking up how omni-crafters deal with their inventory
everyone on reddit is like ’ i have 9 retainers ’

i only have 4 and i’m not getting anymore so
time to experiment i guess

still very much into this game

4 Likes

once a year or so i think about starting this and there’s that ‘free until level 35’ trial version now

can you play and get something out of this without it becoming a grindfest? can you cancel the sub when you’re tired and/or there’s nothing going on and return?

it’s an mmo so the grind is inherent. getting to 35 probably wouldn’t be a chore. you can stop and start whenever as long as you don’t buy a house.

the auto-demolition timer complicates things.

yeah i often cancel between content patches since i don’t have any interest in the serious raid stuff (my endgame is collecting gear for fashion reasons lol)

as for grinding while leveling, the main quest will give you enough gear, gold & exp to get one job to max level. if you play a tank or healer job you’ll get bonuses from dungeons too since they’re always in short supply in matchmaking

you have to do the main story to unlock everything and it is very much a single player final fantasy (tho more along the lines of earlier FFs, lots of talking about crystals, not much in the Sadboy Adventures department) so if that’s not your thing you’ll probably not like it? heavensward actually punches above its weight a bit more than i expected & would probably get a lot more praise if it was a stand-alone game. the writers are very disdainful of nationalism & “might makes right” and because AAA gaming is a toilet ff14’s politics are better than average.

the grinding at endgame is nowhere near as awful as destiny because the endgame currency vendor gear is actually pretty good and you can pass all but the super hardcore content gear checks with it

2 Likes

speaking of fashion reasons

5 Likes

i’m real deep into heavensward. it’s absolutely incredible.

3 Likes

i skipped out on getting the ps4 version of this + stormblood on sale coz i figured i wouldn’t play it again til the new expansion came out anyway. i hope i was right

aaaaaaaaaaaaaa

1 Like

i resubbed :frowning:

finally time to play both expansions that i had previously bought, no idea how im supposed to remember how to play

I have this problem every few months. It’s not that bad if you never learned any rotations to begin with! But even sucking you get through all the content easily.

Last night’s reveals could not possibly have been MORE aimed directly at me. It almost makes me want to search my room for cameras.

It’s the gunblades, isn’t it. They’re making them for you.

Actually I like the gunblades, maybe I’ll play that class

me, days ago: “I dunno if I’m gonna come back to FF14 anytime soon. They’d have to add like, Viera. And gunblades. And like… a Nier crossover. And maybe clean up action bars.”

1 Like

should i really not buy expansions until i finish the main quest?

like i realize ive been posting in here for years and havent, but i really cant handle the relative isolation and i’m not entirely sure where to go back. i’ve just got my dragoon class and im roughly level 37 or something