Final Fantasy XIV (Part 1)

I have managed to get a character made on Faerie! SB peeps, WHERE YOU AT

1 Like

post your name or hit me up, i’ll be on later 2nite pbbly

i’m boo kismet, gonna try to be on some time soon 2 join up

1 Like

Y’know. Regular tank gear.

yo, did you hop servers ( i don’t blame you if you did ) ?

i’ve been playing on and off because i got sucked into reading umineko but i failed to finish the xv crossover quest in time because i couldn’t beat garuda. noctis kept dyin on me and i was like ’ i really don’t want the mount this bad '. the one i actually want is $24 big ones tho and i’m just like ’ ughhhhhhhhh ’

i love moogles

That Garuda fight with Noctis was annoying as heck.

it was so DUMB my god!
i switched from DRG to BLM and i had her down to like 30% health at one point and either noctis would die ( no matter how many times i stacked with him ) or i’d get caught in that wind tunnel thing and we’d both die so i was just like ’ bye '.

Yeah, I finally pulled it off after giving up on tanking it out as a warrior by levelling up the mechanist class and doing that way and just focusing on link attacks and running macros and…it was really annoying. I just wanted to dress up as Noctis and get the haircut (fashion is such a motivator for me in this game that I am debating which crafting class to do based on fashion options). I never did get the mount either.

ah, it’s cool that you managed it! i have zero patience when it comes to boss fights in xiv for some reason ( unless i’m with other people ). i remember looking up a sort of guide on reddit and everyone was like ’ wow, what’s it like to suck so much at this game ’ and that sort of drove my morale downwards even further. fashion is big for me too! i spend so much time in-game glamming it up :heart:

i had planned to level up my MNK a bit more to see how i’d fare but i ended up just getting some orchestrion rolls and just being happy with that. if you wanna craft honestly. . .the best way to do it so that you’re not losing your mind is to just become and ominicrafter. ( you will def lose your mind attempting this unless you’re in a cool FC and you’ve got some help. i’m doing it on my own and y i k e s )

like. . .it’s fun? but it’s also like ’ wow i have no inventory space and i kinda wanna die ’ so just a forewarning.

1 Like

Yeah that reddit thread was not good. I had problems with that fight too. What worked for me was to warp away when the vortex thing happened and then walk diagonally away instead of straight and that did the trick. Even though no one ever recommended that anywhere. Maybe I just got lucky timing the warp better or who knows. It was dumb either way.

I’ve been playing a lot of Total War so I haven’t done anything in FFXIV the last days. I think today I’ll get back to it

i must have got lucky doing that fight :frowning: tho i think i did it as a bard so maybe it’s just way easier for ranged physical dps

i’m so glad all the ranged phys jobs look sick in shadowbringers, i can’t wait for machinist to not be a mess of timer management & ping problems

2 Likes

I have obtained Shadowbringers

I am IN THIS LET’S GO

WHITE MAGE FOR LIFE

3 Likes

I finished the 2.1 quests. Now onwards to a billion more in between expansions quests.
Should I wait to level other classes when they are being simplified soon?

1 Like

in any circumstance you should finish the main story before leveling alts, i feel. it’s just going to get longer when shadowbringers comes out!

unless you want to completely change your main class, then it’s understandable, especially if it’s from an expansions

if you were finished with the main story, then there’s no reason to wait for the expansion, really. for a change of pace you could do the leveling roulette on an alt once a day

I mean what with PotD being a thing, levelling alt classes is much less of a roadblock to progress than it used to be and more of a speedbump.

Like, In preparation for Stormblood, I had originally started out as White Mage until 50. And then the class changes got revealed and I spent some time cosplaying Lot’s wife, and then changed to Ninja for all of Heavensward, and then when Stormblood actually released, I switched to Samurai and never really looked back.

Back in the White Mage game now though! Everything that’s been revealed about WHM in Shadowbringers is CHOICE.

2 Likes

Required viewing

Are they… praising the sun?

I’m ALMOST disappointed male viera won’t be playable, just because of how easy it is to come up with good names for them

like Guy Vieri. or Man Bun.

3 Likes

it seems like some of the changes are to make leveling less obnoxious for certain jobs (like machinist doesn’t really come together til 70, and you go like 15 levels between unlocking bard and getting the 3 songs that are pretty core to their whole thing) so waiting might be a good call? i guess it depends on what you’re interested in

1 Like

Yeah, machinist in the 50s is some not great stuff. I still love my gun gal version of Gunglemess though. Her tactical purple sweater is the best.

1 Like