Final Fantasy Seven Rebirth Thread One

The soundtrack is seven discs hell yeah.

For reasons I can’t explain I cannot celebrate this date I have waited six months for. Maybe i can pick up my copy next week, maybe.

3 Likes

who wants to give me a free ps5… and also seventy dollars…

hilariously i think the last time i cared about a console exclusive was when Remake came out

5 Likes

trying to get it today, might have to wait until tomorrow though :servbotsalute:

I started the 2nd chapter this week. Kalm is big. There are towers you climb up to put objectives on your map.

3 Likes

Diving from the rafters of Aeris’ church to assassinate Bugenhagen with my man-sized wristblades

6 Likes

I mean, get Haley first, but then hook me up.

fwiw it’s probably a smaller exclusivity window this time (“until at least may 29th”)

Exclusive until feb 29th 2028

1 Like
2 Likes

that is such a conspicuously short exclusivity window, like I would be shocked if they have a PC version ready to go w/in 3 months but the language they negotiated makes it sound like they will

3 Likes

3 Likes

Damn I always thought they were Medusa heads

2 Likes

I very quickly scrolled this and read it as PlayStation’s

I played the original FF7 in high school, but how much of it do I actually remember? Very little! Shockingly little! This game is gonna be like 90% new for me. I’m looking forward to getting into it tonight.

1 Like

I have played about 45 minutes of this and my main takeaway so far is that they really went above and beyond on the random card game opponent NPCs. The two in the starting area are memorable high concept weirdos with unnecessarily good voice acting. This bodes well I think!

7 Likes

Like I know we all like to dunk on FFXVI but the little girl ventriloquist card player npc in the first area of this game is more interesting and entertaining than any character in that game besides maybe Blackthorn.

2 Likes

u can borrow mine when i’m done! in like six months apparently because even tho i generally don’t like open world bloat and if i get a single spoiler i’ll immediately become deceased, i also foresee playing this game very slowly because :slight_smile: and also :3

4 Likes

They still haven’t released FFXVI into the PC land so who knows.

Guess what the SQEX staff does with the FF7R#2 money?

Buying white Porsche 911s, it seems :tarothink:

1 Like

in other news, FF7R#2 has a photo mode,

and they will regret this decision, i feel :curly:

1 Like