FGC##201Xrd Reload[st] - Now on Steam! (Part 1)

N O W

(Steam and Xbone versions of UMvC3 in March 2017. PS4 Today)

2 Likes

very cold on 2vs2, but i suppose i should wait for the actual gameplay footage before writing it off.

I’m not sure how everyone got Sigma from Ultron having an extra face in his chest and not Ghosts’n’Goblins Satan.

In true marvel tradition, it seems that they have recycled assets from 3 for this game. Hope that means that there will be a whole bunch of dumb characters. I’m talking really dumb, like servbot, dan and gold war machine.

well you know there won’t be any new capcom characters since capcom hasn’t developed a new character in about fifteen years. well, outside of the new characters in SFV that no one cares about.

1 Like

MVCI is kinda looking like a return to MVC1 but instead of assists we get ̶A̶r̶c̶a̶n̶a̶s̶ Infinity Stones.

I’m down with it as assists were an element I could never fully understand how to use or defend against in multiple games. Though I can definitely see the true marvel heads cry foul over it.

i want marvel x dc tbqfh

Looks like what MvC1 would have been had they continued on that route and didn’t have to worry about losing the license instead of creating the glorious mess that was Mahvel 2

The only one I could see them, maybe going for is Nilin from Rememeber Me since that game had a pretty interesting “Build a combo” system and her time powers would be super interesting to stack on top of a time stone.

Plus it’s interesting to see what the selection will be like because it sounds like Marvel are in this for the really long run. This is probably going to be a bigger Games as Service deal since that mobile Marvel fighter was huge (Also they are already getting mileage out of that UE4 model of Ryu).

Oh man I just remembered Injustice 2 is out next year so we’re getting a new Mahvel in the same year as Injustice. That’s surreal that Marvel and DC are getting two big fighters in the same year.

but injustice is trash :frowning:

nah i’ve never played it i just hate its visual design/style/whatever, it takes itself so grimdark serious

As a game IJ was fun but flawed but it showed NRS were way willing to go out of their comfort zone (Holy shit, Anime Meters) but yeah the art style was trying too hard and darker than even MK 9 but it had a fun core to it (Even if balance went to shit by the end).

What they showed of IJ2 so far they really responded to feedback about the art by making it much brighter (Though for some reason keeping the uncanny valley stuff and using the same facial capture tech as LA Noire) and they got the guy who wrote the amazing Mortal Kombat X comics to write the in game story for IJ2 instead of Jon Vogel. MK X was superb so if they brought the lessons learned from that over to IJ2 then it stands to be a hell of a game. Outside of the obvious lootbox grab with the “Gear” system.

Someone please take Destiny away from the rest of the industry. Thanks.

with injustice the thing i wonder is, why can’t they just make it look like a freakin’ comic book?

so much more striking imo than the straight-3d-this-is-a-serious-video-game look they go for

1 Like

It’s weird. But the only way I can think of it is that Mortal Kombat is already their comic book game and MK X looked really good, so much that it looked directly ripped from the comic book spin off (The Comic Book was legitimately one of the best runs of 2015 FYI)

Unless it was a DC Comics call to go for the middle ground between video game and comic book. All I can think is that maybe NRS wanted to go the opposite direction of MK and maybe go for something a bit more realistic in style but still pops like a comic. The IJ footage they have shown looks really good (The sheer detail they have on Blue Beetle looks amazing with the living suit even at an early stage) and it’s the same custom Unreal revision they share with Rocksteady on Arkham Knight but you can’t really shake the uncanny valley look on it. Maybe they are aiming for a classic DC series style like Kingdom Come? Who knows.

Though if it’s as good as MK X was, then there’s not a huge amount to worry about.

Well, it was nice when Marvel vs. Capcom actually had some personality in the mechanics.

Yo, it’s your boy botagel, here to shout negativity about a game we’ve got a minute of heavily-edited footage and a worrying magazine preview about, right on time

1 Like

Nah you cool. Plenty of cynicism deserved since SF V was a thing and the pre-announcement “Leaks” sounded horrific.

http://www.gameinformer.com/games/marvel_vs_capcom_infinite/b/playstation4/archive/2016/12/03/two-on-two-fights-are-made-more-chaotic-by-infinity-stones.aspx

No discounting on X-Men/Fantastic 4 characters and Infinity stones work as a Groove system. Tuna and Bacon with Marvel Sauce could be an interesting taste.

Gene

1 Like

A Smash Mii-style customizable Arisen

1 Like

Violent Norimaro

Sorry, I don’t know how to post outside of the Axe.

1 Like

Can I do one more?

A NES Capcom/Disney DLC pack with Scrooge and the Rescue Rangers.

1 Like

I’ve waited literal decades to clock a dude with Scrooge’s cane.

2 Likes

Man, I’d forgive a lot if they made this happen.

1 Like