FGC##201Xrd Reload[st] - Now on Steam! (Part 1)

Is there a price on that? Digital download, I’m guessing?

The original doujin version is 2000 yen, so probably somewhere in that ballpark.

Likely digital but who knows.

Oh wow look at these. Unused sprites for CFJ.

2 Likes

Who is that first dude?

Probably Retsu from SF1.

Boy do I wish more Street Fighters got new sprites in the general style of their SFII iterations like Ryu, Ken, Akuma and M. Bison did in CvS instead of just reusing their Alpha or SF3 ones. At least that’s what it looks like they were going for with that Sagat one.

Don’t forget that they redrew 3S Chun to fit the proportions and animation style of CVS!

1 Like
1 Like

Bless Japan and their 3S Hacking

Mikado finds the best games.

3 Likes

is it safe to assume that Arc’s DBZ and One Piece 2D fighters for 3DS are unremarkable outside of their sprites, which are nice but not incredible?

Yeah I think that’s the general impression.

It’s been awhile, but it’s finally time again for Brand New Freeware Poverty

Colors Party ~THE ROLL UP -END-~

Hyakkyako
https://freegame-mugen.jp/fighting/game_5363.html

3 Likes

It’s not surprising, but it’s always the super Anime Fighter games that one guy with a dream in his heart draws all the sprites for himself, huh

yep. see also: wonderful world (outdated english wiki) (it’s apparently pretty legit?)

Show us some hot vids of this wonderful world!

1 Like

I’m going to crosspost a post I made about attacking, blocking, and stun work in Combat Jr. Hopefully you guys more involved with fighting games will have some better insight with whether or not this is cool or not cool and if not cool some ideas on how to tweak/fix it. If you don’t have ideas on how to fix it maybe just reference how attacking/blocking/stun work in other games.

[quote]Working on how attacking and blocking works.

Right now all attacks have a value that we call stunLength. A Moonblade stab and a Moonblade swipe have different values for stunLength. On hitting a player the player that was hit is stunned for time stunLength. Because we don’t have a stamina bar like in Dark Souls we didn’t want players to be able to just mash on the other guy. My first solution was to just stun the aggressive player with stunLength.

This was an OK solution! But!

I wanted some weapons to be stunned MORE and some weapons to be stunned LESS while also giving the shields that do the stunning a variable ability to stun MORE or LESS.

So I gave the shields a value called stunReflect and I gave the weapons a thing called internalStunMultiplier. When calculating the stun given to an attacking player being blocked the new stun time is stunLength * stunReflect * internalStunMultiplier.

tldr hitting a player stuns the hit player for stunLength
AND hitting a shield stuns yourself for stunLength * stunReflect(from enemy’s shield) * internalStunMultipler (from the weapon you used)

So the new system works as such - fast aggro weapons like a hatchet can be spammed without much recourse because its internalStunMultiplier is low, but pokey weapons like a trident can’t be spammed well because its internalStunMultiplier is high. All of this is adjusted based on shield and positioning and rotating around enemies and if you get a hit or don’t get a hit, so it’s dynamic (probably crazy dynamic), and it probably won’t be understood right away, but it’s there…[/quote]

Talk of crazy ambitious solo fightmans made me think of the ungoogleable E’s Laf, which it turns out has had quite a bit of work done since last I checked. They have a real website, multiple contributors, and a Japanese Patreon. It looks like some good jank!

3 Likes

The true Rumblefish starts here

Oh hey, we made it to 10k preorders of the Limited Run of Skullgirls PS4/Vita so now every version is getting Japanese voices! Yahoo! If you didn’t order one in the last two weeks, you’re outta luck.

In other news, David Sirlin is making a 3D Pocket Rumble but with his Yomi card game IP:

Models are nice, but it needs better lighting/a better shader, better VFX, and needs to cut a bunch of frames from its animation.

2 Likes

Mad congratz to you Skullgirls people! It’s still crazy to see the game has still gotten a lot of significant updates all the way up until now, and that despite a whole lot of attempts by fate and the world to doom the project. I love you guys.

The announcement for passing the 10k bar came like a few minutes after I placed my preorder so I like to think I’m the one who did it. Most certainly ain’t though.

I’ve been following E’sLaf++ for quite a while now and it’s progressing well! Still need to contribute and try it though.