FGC##201Xrd Reload[st] - Now on Steam! (Part 1)

That’s a Soul Calibur game alright

All the cool fightmans, wow. How will a 2018 boy choose?

I think Soul Calibur’s very lenient input timing and I don’t know maybe general animation stuff or a tendency towards smooth swoopy actions + 8 way walk made it the best feeling 3d fighter. Like, where is the group of real smartos pitching “SC but with punching” to blank stares. I think the wings and ki fire and stuff could be toned down but hey let them have their fun you gotta respect a b-team that obv thinks Tekken is too serious.

so with geese in tekken 7 we obviously are getting a sam sho guest character right?
hoping for sieger

hopefully this is the good st port and i don’t ever have to see final burn alpha again

2 Likes

who on earth has faith in capcom’s ‘arcade perfect’ ports by now

1 Like

nobody but i really hate fba

2 Likes

in the meantime fighting ex layer beta starts tomorrow :eyes:

1 Like

Capcom announced the entire SFV Season 3 roster at once, proving they did in fact learn one thing.

i love sakura’s new outfit and her theme remix tbh

1 Like

fwiw the SF compilation is apparently being worked on by the same studio as Mega Man Legacy Collection so it should be pretty spot on? unproven with regards to netcode though

Street Fighter V is looking better now. But damn, after that rootkit debacle I am not sure I want the game to be anywhere near my computer.

it’s even more frustrating because 3S on switch is great but I have exactly one platform for which I own two controllers with six face buttons (PC) and that’s the one I can already emulate on

I’ve been wondering this for a while: When playing fightmans on a pad with 6 face buttons do you hit those with just your right thumb or balance it on a desk or something and use your all your fingers at once like a miniature arcade stick?

oddly, with fighting games, i just use my right thumb.
but when playing stgs, i’ll hold the left side of the pad in my left hand like any other game, then use my right fingers on the buttons. i guess this is also the intended method of use for the capcom pad soldier, so i should probably get one and try it out someday
6a00d83452033569e200e54f411edf8833-800wi

2 Likes

I’m by no means a hardcore fightman person but thumb, definitely, the alternative seems very silly and difficult

but street fighter has been the only use case for six face buttons for like 15 years so

i just thought about playing st boxer on a pad and my hands hurt

wasn’t this bad? i’m sure i remember some kind of internet meltdown there, either that or i just have the negative association with cifaldi

I have the negative association with cifaldi too (for more complicated reasons than you do I bet!) and I think it was actually quite good

Yeah the MM collections and the Disney one (same team) are good. The only meltdown I have over the MM ones is that there are two of them, when the previous MM collections had all the games in one thing. But I am betting that is more Capcom than anyone else.

Wait what’s wrong with Frank what did I miss

it’s a dumb personal thing, ask me in person at the next meetup