favourite films of the 2010s

I’m sure I’ve posted about this before, or forced someone(s) to listen to me talk about this on a Podcast Line before, but there’s this image in Justice League that screams Zack Snyder like nothing else: camera pulls out through one entrance of Magical Amazon McGuffin Temple while these two absolutely ripped, massively muscled bodybuilder-looking women in Amazon Togs pick up giant hammers and smash the pillars to either side making the roof cave in.

Snyder is a bone-deep fascist. He loves presenting power and the exercise of power and the complications that arise from Doing Power Things but Hey, Sometimes A Powerful’s Gotta Power. Snyder is cinema’s “Moderate” Republican Dad Who Has No Idea How Reactionary His Instincts Are Deep Down and he needs to throw up Big Powerful Bodies doing Big Powerful Things and anyway he’s kind of a distillation of the American id so I can’t help but find him fascinating (I am forever drawn to sticking my entire head into pools of Gross Weird Masculinity) and also this is why Sucker Punch didn’t work at any level + how we know all the ass shots of Wonder Woman were definitely added by Whedon don’t forget to preorder Triumph of the Will to Power: How Zach Snyder Turned Beef Into Billions coming soon to a kindle marketpla–

6 Likes