Fatigued Souls (Part 1)

what reference are they even talking about? praise the sun?

itā€™s the dark souls of references

11 Likes

so is anyone even playing remaster. am I going to play remaster?

Regrettably, I am playing remaster.

I actually hadnā€™t played Dark Souls in a couple years, so itā€™s been nice to revisit things!

After plumbing these depths so thoroughly, busy covenant/multiplayer interaction might be my only real draw left.

I might get busy with it, if I check enough clips and donā€™t hate how clean or sterile things look now.

yeah did they ever fix those shaders

Are yā€™all playing PC or PS4? I feel like Iā€™ll regret PS4ā€¦

dsrfix

iā€™ll be happy to co-op with people on steam, lmk

I hear that summoning pools may now also be based somehow on weapons. So it may not be as easy to invade with big weapons and spank someone early in the game.

has anyone else been finding the remaster to likeā€¦ pretty much suck? like it looks good in some places, looks dumb/shitty in others, is generally over-post processed and saturated making everything way too hard to see, and sometimes button presses just likeā€¦ donā€™t register?? or the attack happens like literally 2 seconds after I push the button. and then the enemy AI/scripting seems to be super fucked up in a lot of places, like set pieces where I remember there generally be a predictable flow of enemy movement all are just jumbled now, a lot of times enemies aggro from really far away seemingly for no reason, and this honestly ruins the pacing of a lot of the set pieces.

people who are claiming this is just a $40 DSfix are wrong though, the graphical improvements are more dramatic and far-reaching than what those patches did. but sometimes they make the game look worseā€¦ and itā€™s probably hoping for too much for any of that to get patched out.

maybe I made the mistake of playing this on the heels of bloodborne which is just so polished and sophisticated by comparison. I love the original dark souls so much but honesty this feels like going back to demons souls in terms of jank and random ugliness, minus the charm and personality of that game. I really wanna compare it to the original on my PC with various mods just to see how different it is or if my mind is playing tricks.

3 Likes

Yup, Itā€™s Still Dark Souls!

1 Like

the remaster is pretty much what i expected - the bullet points seem to be 60 FPS, minor multiplayer tweaks, and little else. but 60 FPS is so good in this game that thatā€™s more than enough for me - dsfix couldnā€™t fix the borked framerate-tied mechanics of the original PC port.

some of the fancy new effects look good too, and thereā€™s not much thatā€™s felt like a downgrade. maybe a sidegrade in some areas, but i never felt like it was randomly ugly so far.

it probably wasnā€™t worth $20 (for people who already own prepare to die edition), but itā€™s also dark soulsā€¦ there was zero chance i wasnā€™t going to just buy it when it became available.

2 Likes

Hi toups!

1 Like

Hi Birch!

Iā€™m missinā€™ a lot of yā€™all on facebook

I guess Iā€™m the only one having the attacking bug??

Itā€™s really fucking up the orstein & smaugh fight :frowning:

1 Like

The original game had issues with delayed commands, around launch time. Maybe they resurrected that bug somehow?

1 Like

I hate it :expressionless:

die toups

2 Likes

~~

8 Likes