Fatigued Souls (Part 1)

I liked dark souls 2 best cause I played it first and being a boxer in a kilt was viable the entire game, until I finally needed a weapon to hit those orb things on the final boss. also I thought it had the most interesting entrance into the world at the beginning. but they’re all miserable slogs.

1 Like

finally, it’s been awhile since we’ve argued about smb3 vs world, and i can’t think of a more appropriate thread for it to have happened in

there is zero sarcasm in that

4 Likes

yeah I just checked and that “within 30%” performance benchmark is actually FP32 rather than FP16. that’s still within the realm of stuff that an emulator should reimplement with LLVM/OpenGL 4.x rather than on a main CPU thread, but still, the Cell was pretty good at what it did!

in some sense sony had been putting GPU functionality on the main CPU for a long time already (e.g. the PS1 and PS2’s vector units) but this was the first time it really went against modern GPU conventions, and the first time the architecture was really iconoclastic

I wonder if apple will ever add compute shaders to OSX or if they’ll just stay at OpenGL 4.1 forever

felix talking to himself

1 Like

dark souls 3 has good pvp

apple’s opinion is “fuck you, use metal” afaik

yeah but their hardware strategy seems so incomplete atm

even though they just released new macbooks they could be in a totally different place in a few months’ time so idk

If their recent stock is any indication it seems like Apple needs better leadership because I don’t think they have nearly as many people convinced without Steve Jobs.

developing for mac osx opengl sucks anyway

they force everything to go through apple’s opengl, which vendors cannot supply their own for

and would you believe there are long-standing performance bugs in basic features like vertex arrays? because there totally are.

graphics is doomed on the platform and it’s entirely apple’s fault

this year’s phone is probably going to be good

and the new laptops aren’t horrendous but they also just aren’t great and they’re $$$ and the rest of their product line is totally withering

nvidia still publishes their own OSX drivers but they are stuck with apple’s OpenGL, yeah

talk about fatiguing

2 Likes

From your lips to god’s ears brother

Dark Souls is just the universe’s way of punishing me for ever complaining about non-stop God Hand reference.

2 Likes

Dark Souls would be better if it had a dedicated dodge joystick instead of a single button.

2 Likes

Absolutely not

what is the select button of dark souls

Probably Bloodborne, because it is full of blood potions

1 Like

solaire memes are the dark souls of select button of dark souls

1 Like

I think i’m just going to buy the lesser SotFS edition, i am really hankering to give this game another shot and i figure if i’m ever of means enough to afford a rig that can play the real SotFS, i will also probably be able to afford another copy of the game. I also figure that having better encounter design might not change my opinion as much as having had several years to grow and alter how i view games.

I’ll continue to follow your LP with interest, meauxdal, and it’ll be kinda neat to compare the vanilla layouts vs. the revised ones!