Fast and Furious Presents

@u_u

Like pickled ginger after F8. Idris Elba chewing scenery is fucking great.

3 Likes

Without The Family, their chemistry, and their history, this looks like just another action movie.

ahahah i was just about to post this in the official F&F thread but perhaps… Cobbs & Slaw deserve their own thread after all…

I can only hope my wishes are fulfilled and this sci fi angle bleeds over into the official F&F sequel

also Shaw fucking killed Han and I will definitely be rooting for Idris Elba in this one

4 Likes

What if they bring back Han for C&S instead of F&F?

That Han Slaw killed in that moment was actually a clone created in an orbital research station and the real Han has been working with Slaw behind the scenes.

2 Likes

Han comes back with half of his face scarred from the fire and wants revenge on Shaw. He doesn’t have any alliegance to Hobbs so it’s perfect.

Give him an eyepatch too and it’ll be the sexiest shit ever.

1 Like

Would the eyepatch be on the scarred or not-scarred side?

I was thinking the scarred side.

I think all of the gay panic bond villains gave me a thing for handsome disfigurement.

also do you think the screenwriters knew they were going to have an actor as brilliant as Elba to deliver the line “I’m a bad guy” in a way that made it sound like it wasn’t written with absolutely 0 effort, or do you think they just didn’t give a shit

3 Likes

On the one hand I’m strongly Team Vin over Team The Rock on the other they finally gave one of these to an Actual Action Director???

I did not know Vanessa Kirby is in this!

There sure were a lot of cameos in this including one that is real bitter sweet because of recent news.

It really felt completely removed from F&F. Just a weightless buddy cop film with extremely world and endless non-problems. Like they worked backwards from every absurd solution to invent problems for it.

F&F is about family so they wrote Family??? On a whiteboard.

Only one learring ass shot. So that was better.

All the face center frame worked well for comedy and the mid-range from the waistup fight shows made it real hard to feel anything during the fights.

They really abandon camera direction rules during that hallway fight. It’s still readable but that was the one where my brain was working on how to better stage it and they definitely did better with the short cut in the trailer.

Oh and the big bad was clearly Ryan Renolds right?

The answer is apparently whatever we don’t really have plans.

huh

1 Like

why the rhino, dwayne?

Prolly one of the few things which looks big when he holds it.