Fading Brakelight Obscurity II - Championship Edition (Part 1)

Yeah re: sportiness I think at best I’m getting something with independent rear suspension.

Gonna try a variety of small hatches/SUVs/trucks. I should say it’s more about the posture than suspension. Low low low

I might be the only person in the world who should buy a CX-3 instead of a Mazda 3.

2 Likes

This whole thread makes me realize that I am the opposite of a car person. My 2003 Vibe has a bumper held on with wire and duct tape, my passenger window falls down all the time and is currently held in the uppermost position by a suction cup stuck to the inside at the bottom, I forgot to get my oil changed for a year and a half, my AC doesn’t work, my passenger mirror is duct taped on and utterly useless, and the back seats are filled with paper bags from when I took a bunch of books to goodwill and they gave me the bags back.

I also only drive maybe twice a week and usually for less than 10 miles.

I am only going to get another when this one collapses into a pile of unidentifiable parts.

3 Likes

This is the only part that hurts me, but modern synthetic oil blends can last like 5,000 miles so depending on what oil you use you were probably mostly fine.

2 Likes

has anyone played Wreckfest? the consensus seems to be that being in early access for so long deprived it of much fanfare on launch but I’m pretty much always looking to get excited about a new arcade racer

1 Like

Actually, i totally forgot about wreckfest or that it even exists, gonna have to check that out when i’m back home!

Someone should make a game where you drive Suzuki Samurais and shit through scenic mountain trails.

2 Likes

enthusia and, to some extent, Kaido battle games offer this option. enthusia more so, since the field of cars is assigned based on your car(acter).

Thanks I’ll look into Enthusia!

I just think these guys and other weird Japanese 4x4s are so cute. They tend to be pretty under powered but they look like they’d be so much fun to drive and invoke a blue skys sega feel in their design. It’s a trend that will probably never come back as boxy designs for SUVs are pretty much dead and have been replaced by sleek car based crossovers.

1 Like

When i join a clean driving server in Wreckfest, it’s always full of the most shunt happy drivers. I like the way it plays a lot. It is kind of like a derivative of Forza, a accessible racer with some realistic elements, that sits neatly between the two extremes.

1 Like

not necessarily, though if it gets a chop-top, well, only time will tell…

1 Like

Pardon me for linking to a clickbait factory but these pictures are rather enjoyable

3 Likes

aint nobody never told me bout this
3 Likes

tbh, assuming that the VITA and PSP were SEGA handhelds immediately fits better than the truth ever will… otoh, it would instantly make both more alluring, since a modern SEGA powerhouse would sound instantly tempting to younger me.

Daytonaaaaaaaa~~~

1 Like

i never played the vita RR because they had taken the game and broken the entire thing up into tiny chunks: pay 2$ for this car, 1$ for this song, i was absolutely confused on how to buy the game itself. i’ll stick with ridge racer 2 psp to get my RR fix.

2 Likes

for those few that…

• do have a xbx1
  • have xbl gold
  • and never played Forza Horizon 2 before

… now’s your Chance. For “free”, about 40gb.
Now we can prep for FH4, huh…

1 Like

Some more V-Rally 4 gameplay:

Looks lovely.

And from a recent press release:

Entire road networks have been created for the rally environments, with an impressive level of detail. In addition to the pre-defined specials, V-Rally 4 provides an even more unpredictable challenge through the specials generator. Just like rally organizers, the specials generator randomly opens and closes road intersections, which means there are hundreds of possible routes through each environment. Your route is not a collection of pre-defined roads and bends: it uses parts of the road network, and each special is different, with unique characteristics.

Sounds great. This game comes out in September, but the Switch version has been delayed till a later date. Once I get it, that game card will probably never leave my Switch.

2 Likes

onrush is on FIRE

2 Likes

Glad to hear! It’s on the docket but not for a bit I don’t think.