Everybody Wang Long Tonight (Fortune Telling in Video Games)

I saw it in the tea leaves, it’s written on your palm, it’s in the stars. Video games that tell you your fortune or horoscope (but aren’t specifically about telling you your fortune/horoscope).

Persona 2: Eternal Punishment - Wang Long
24-Persona2-6-4530-Persona2-2-003936-Persona2-18-67

SaGa Frontier - Misc.

SaGa Frontier (USA)-171125-204044

Neo Geo Pocket OS - Horoscope

3 Likes

112487-shin-megami-tensei-ii-snes-screenshot-fortune-shmortune-i

1 Like

tumblr_ns1z7gbEX91qk6v3ao2_500

also i’ve posted a bunch of pixelly tarot sets from various games on tumblr

3 Likes

Animal Crossing

Soleil / Crusader of Centy

1 Like

Dark Cloud
8-8ffca1dc432
7-63f9f2dc431

1 Like

does the beginning of ogre battle count?

2 Likes

Shadow of Memories/Destiny

3-2003725447166694067_rs

shadow of memories fortune teller

6 Likes

The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past

The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess

1 Like
3 Likes

This is the theme song for this thread now

(The fortune tellers in this game always freaked me out… there is just something unsettling about them. I can’t remember exactly what it was that bothered me, other than the freaky music, but it seems like the advice they give you is just vague enough to feel like something other than TALK TO THIS NPC TO FIND OUT WHERE YOU SHOULD GO NEXT, and when I was a kid at least that game always felt like it was expansive enough that the fortune teller would probably never run out of weird shit to tell you to do. Though, I bet there’s only like 10 possible responses you can get or something)

3 Likes

I always wondered why the fortune tellers were people in purple KKK robes

LttP also has the “Pond of Happiness” which will tell you about your luck if you throw in some rupees. It actually does work, to some extent…

Sonic Adventure 2 Battle

2 Likes

2 Likes

The fortune teller in snes goemon(mystical ninja) is my fave, I got a bad fortune once and was surrounded by bucks as soon as I left, they cost money if you retaliate and you’ll get your shit kicked in before you can retreat back inside.

2 Likes