EVERYBODY VOTES 2 PART I: THE SELECTBUTTON.NET TOP 64 VIDCONS 2020 (voting closes september 15, 2020, midnight cst!!)

I’M INTERESTED

If you share an anecdote about or cite any mechanical additions to a WWF game just say you had a La Parka CAW in there. That’ll help negate some of the Big Trump Fundraiser stink.

2 Likes

Not sure if it was in Megamix or not. They tend to do brand new ones for each game.

Just for statistics and figure out how to space each round we are at 80 voters at time of post.

Think it is time to open the gates to discussion of the next 8.

2 Likes

I made sure I always had an AKI Man CAW, does that help?

84 today.

is this a veiled selectbutton census

imm half asleep and I was like god damn rudie cant be that old

14 Likes

Same, I thought I’d been asleep for decades

mods lock thread.

My only relevant thought is that I’m fairly sure over 80% of my votes were for the underdog, thus officially sealing my status as The Uncool

2 Likes

Votes don’t count (in my heart) unless you write a blurb about your rationales, loser

My writing docket is overfull!

I guess I never actually motivated despite voting. what luck the thread unlocked!

Super Street Fighter II Turbo vs Minecraft

I appreciate minecraft as a creative tool, but I love, love, love fighting games! street fighter takes it

Crazy Taxi vs Metal Slug 6 (hack)

I have never played this ms3 romhack but I have played crazy taxi and respect the ways it handles and sounds too much to give the vote to an arranged ms3 that (from checking out a vid) still doesn’t look as fun as the very first metal slug

Everybody Votes vs Puyo Puyo

I’m less interested in majority opinions on little questions than I am about competitively dropping slime blobs. sorry, maybe I’m dumb

Street Fighter III: Third Strike vs Contra: Hard Corps

love both of these games. third strike is a beautiful and hyperstylish game, and I love it much more dearly on these aspects than the more classic sf2. I even prefer the new cast over all the veterans that got replaced (dudley, hugo, q and makoto are just fantastic). definitely not great at playing the game at depth, but had a moment at a stockholm arcade where I destroyed an entire group challenging me using makoto, and every hit and read felt so clean.

still, polygonzo reminded me of why hard corps is even better, so hard corps wins

Yakuza 0 vs Super Metroid

my reasons for voting yakuza 0, a game that runs on a barely functional combat system, over super metroid which appeals to my ideals of exploration so cleanly, are BAD. love the drama. love the dumb and amazing sidequests. I played the ps2 games so kamurocho and soutenbori are these familiar places I love running around. most importantly though, everything yakuza 0 does is enhanced by me fangirling hard over both protags, I’m sorry.
I love yakuza because I love kiryu and his boyfriend majima

Nights vs Sonic 2

nights is more aesthetically fuck yeah, and a better character but I can’t vibe with flying games as easily as physics bound platformers. my soul is bound by gravity. sonic 2 it is

GB Camera vs Deus Ex

I just respect a cool camera more than deus ex. sorry. cameras are cool. deus ex is not quite as cool. and the gb camera has an interesting aesthetic to it.

Ikaruga vs FFXIV

shmups are love. ikaruga is a pretty cool shmup. I don’t love it though. the scoring pisses of my shooting brain that just wants to blast off without worrying about the enemy order.

have not played ffxiv. I played ffxi for a while. I loved how it looked but hated playing it. I did this entirely alone though, not knowing anyone who played it, and too scared to learn to know anyone in game. right now even if I dared I just can’t set up online games like ffxiv, but I can set up ikaruga and it’ll respect my lonely gaming. ikaruga wins

7 Likes

I never saw this thread until now and I can’t believe Deus Ex just lost to some 90’s nintendo gimmick that I am certain no one in this thread ever owned

5 Likes

You can do better than attacking folks. This is for fun.

1 Like

It’s not too late for folk who voted for Crazy Taxi to change your vote to Fake Metal Slug 6.

Fake Metal Slug 6 is the only romhack in this competition.

3 Likes

guess you didn’t even read my post, dang

4 Likes

We’ve got the crew,

We’ve got the weapons,

We need you!

Vote
Fake Metal Slug 6

4 Likes

it’s true, I didn’t. I didn’t read any of the posts. we need a recount