emotionally powerful music

strong emotional impact - thatā€™s also applying for ā€œF**K YEAHā€ fist-pumpinā€™ style of music, so Iā€™m gonna get those out of the way first:

1 Like

The Abbey Road side B medley is basically the most emotionally powerful pop music I can imagine

this is my frisson list, pared down some

too much guitar

2 Likes

i miss you

#ä¼ćˆćŸć„

Kimochi rules

Personal reasons. You wanna feed me some Pitchforky shit about how Ok Go is a mediocre band and Iā€™ll punch you in your fuckin eye.

this thread exists expressly as an antidote to that sentiment

well maybe it wasnā€™t explicit before, but dammit, donā€™t crit othersā€™ music in here, this is just for sharing

i love emotional music, and knowing someone else finds it emotional is a good bridge into understanding the song/piece/sound

i think yā€™all have great taste

itā€™s really that simple, iā€™m selfish and want all the sweet music recs so i gotta make threads and collect essence

this is emotionally powerful maybe for exactly me

@BIGHEADMODE i hope you are familiar with this dude

Iā€™m not, because my jazz knowledge is incredibly shallow!

Heā€™s good, though!

And in that picture heā€™s playing the Gibson ES-175, which is my favorite jazz guitar and possibly my favorite guitar in the world. These days, everyone plays the 375, because it has the double pickupsā€“plus, I think itā€™s become the image that people associate with Gibson jazz boxes. But the 175 is usually much lighter and was often the guitar that working jazzbos actually played, because you only really need the neck pickup, and it was cheaper/lighter.

1 Like

Iā€™ve had a weird experience in taking the time to learn Zazen Boys lyrics then learning thereā€™s a gulf between the bleak hate of č‡Ŗ問č‡Ŗē­” and the nonsensical bs-ing of ghost of a cyborg/weekend/etc. Listening with Japanese comprehension ā€œturned onā€ makes the lyrics come off like Dismemberment Plan levels of whiplash.

1 Like

Yeah thatā€™s what made me love ā€œSabakuā€, itā€™s an earnest and beautiful song about isolation that closes an album full of weird jagged music and shrieking vocals. Tonal whiplash 5ever

I have the Zazen Boys discography. I donā€™t know what a single one of their songs is about.

I donā€™t speak Japanese, it took some digging to learn about that one. I was motivated by how much the music touched my soul

I was pretty happy to learn that Bloodthirsty Butcherā€™s ā€œJack Nicholsonā€ has lyrics as moving as the song itself:

im surprised i didnt think of this sooner

this song got me choked up even before i knew what it was about

also thereā€™s the song that first made me aware of Kate Bush

which then reminds me of

gods So is such a fucking great album

4 Likes