Elden Ring 2

gotta be that Fromsoft touch, they know how to leave just enough to your imagination that their games stay curled up in your brain. that plus a slightly worn out but still fundamentally solid combat system, enough variety to spark at least a few unique replays per game, and classically great level design that feels good to re-experience. i think this is why most Soulsclones, even ones with very fun competent combat, dont have the same staying power

Its kinda funny that theyre such a wildly popular studio when 1) theyve been doing this for their whole existence basically 2) everything they do is foundational Good Video Games stuff, nothing super innovative or flashy really. Which like is nothing we weren’t saying here 10 years ago when “smart placement of dumb enemies and well paced levels without waypoint marker shit” felt like a blast of fresh air lol

i remember a friend watching me play Demons Souls and going “i don’t get it, this just seems like your average action RPG” and i was like man, it is that it’s just the best possible version of it

14 Likes