E3

I want to meet these people so I can tell them to clamp their gobs, the fucking morons

5 Likes

Sorry they’re all really old people now so they wouldn’t understand you anyway.

the actual old people would be up in arms that Ted Turner paid some Koreans to tint classic movies and I would be right there along with em

meanwhile, I can’t gather enough care about New SotC because it sure would be nice if Bluepoint, despite being really good at doing the remaster/lower-spec hardware thing, would just go ahead and make an original game already. like, thanks for the Gravity Rush remaster and that 360 version of Titanfall is nuts but c’mon bruh

Oh what’s that dearie, you work with Mr. Turner. Tell him I had no idea Lucy was a redhead, God bless him.

that’s a bad example because Lucile Ball was in movies filmed in color?

none dare besmirch the good name of ms ball, with whom i share a surname

2 Likes

great, we’re surrounded by Balls

3 Likes

As a kid the only sitcoms I watched were on Nick@Nite; this means I exprienced them all chronologically.

Lucille Ball is the first celebrity crush I can remember

4 Likes

You’re a bad example because you’re in movies filmed in color?

I was more of an I dream of jeannie man

1 Like

I can’t get a crush on a lady who plays dumb for laughs, man

Compared to: smartest person in the room; falling into traps because she schemed three steps ahead of herself, rushing forward without looking

I think mine is probably Barbara Feldon because fuck yeah Agent 99.

is e3 over?

What are “quality of life improvements”

I’ve never heard this term used before outside of uhhh maybe luxury condo ads

imo Ico and SotC are games which would unequivocally do better with PS1-level visual “downgrades”

Can’t stop anyone from playing the remake but when I tried to replay SotC last year or something I only got one or two colossi in before realizing that I would only be overwriting the original and most meaningful experience I had with the game by making it into a replayable act (#1 reason why I thought boss rush mode was grossly out of place)

I really don’t want to kill that world again

I think this term originates from MMO’s and other persistent world service-based games because when you’re playing that frequently it’s not actually a stretch to say you live in them.

1 Like

look at this

Bewitched (the OG) or get out

the implication is that Hypothetical Old Person wouldn’t know Lucy was a redhead (assuming they only saw Lucy in media) and Ted Turner educated them and also downplays the act of colorizing films that didn’t need it to begin with. we’re also not giving HOP enough credit, as they probably were witness to the propagation of color in both film and TV and would know what’s what.

and if HOP liked those colorized films, I’d tell them it’s time to get n the ground

I don’t think demon’s souls is the best example, but the obvious translation of this to make it sound less crass and marketing-y would be “elements which are similar but less inconvenient or hostile in later installments,” namely bonfires and estus (right, @Iacus?)

I’ll happily admit that replaying demon’s was a bit of a shock in terms of losing progress (I quit my last replay when I died like 15 minutes into 3-2 around where yurt is because I just wasn’t into it enough to redo that), but I would still be appalled if they tried to patch in more bonfires for a rerelease, since that would make it a completely different (worse) game, contradict the semi- dungeon crawler design philosophy, and so on. yet even with that, it makes it kind of hard to replay, because there’s that little bit of hostility that’s makes it less smooth an experience, and there’s no more novelty to balance it out.

UI improvements (e.g. Dragon Quest 1’s UI vs a modern RPG with stat comparators, easy equips, no menu to walk down stairs…), save system improvements. Sometimes easier loops on repetitive tasks although usually when these are tackled in sequels the developers are over-responding to criticism and removing meaningful pain in loops.

2 Likes

yeah I mean this obviously reflects better on you than me, but I too watched a lot of nick at nite