e u r o p i a

cyberpunk + eurocoin/migrant crisis + italian politicians 202X
ohrrpgce
mostly a straightforward jrpg, no overworld
80% set in old eurotower in frankfurt am main

10 Likes

The tower has seven levels of 4-5 floors each, you cannot go back to previous levels.

Character progression is fairly linear, although i’d like to have every single spell (and in one case, weapon) remain useful for the whole trip, moreso than the DQ games, without requiring a new variant.

I’m limiting the scope of buffs and ailments (and dropping the Active Time system).

72 enemies overall, including bosses and sub-bosses.

Random encounters will be in (except in the first chapter, which is more WRPG-like), but limited to dark and dirty tiles. Avoid those and you’ll be safe-ish.

1 Like

Looking forward to updates!

OHRRPGCE ran really bad on my last computer, so I never messed with it much, but I liked it when I did. I need to catch up on OHRRPGCE games and new features.

Will there be other languages?

i could post some enemies if you want…

an english version would not be unfeasible, but:

1. enjoyment of the plot requires some degree of intimacy with post-2000 italian politics, this is a game about disgraced right-wing figures being turned into comic book personalities
    (although i did enjoy krudd a lot now that i think about it…)

2. a central Kid-esque character only speaks in Roman dialect, and i’m baffled to think of a suitable translation choice for that

Oh that sounds really cool.

Only thing I can think would be to have him speak some kind of creole language like Patois or Kriol or something. Otherwise a really full on Cockney or Glasgow vocab or ?? (I know it’s note really the same) AnywayI think it’s cool that it’s not in English TBH.

I’m maybe up enough on Italian politics, and would like a not-Duolingo way to practice Italian too! I only know like two Roman words though.

Yeah, post some enemies graphics/notes

The joke is that she’s a descendant of a samurai clan that has been protecting Rome for ages, and now has to retrieve the legendary Seven Hills Blades. Her abilities are japanese-sounding Roman figures of speech.

Haha. Yeah, that’s tricky.

3 Likes

A question: does OHRRPGCE exhibit awful screen tearing on your folks’ computers?

hi monaco

hello back <3

these enemy sprites are really nice. liking the somewhat odd posing and implied motion in some of them. gives them a lot of character.

Yeah, these all do that great Dragon Quest thing where you kinda wanna be chum with all the enemies.

Thanks guys, I’d like to animate them somewhat (even a 2-frame thingy like Megaten or just simple bobbing like in Shining in the Darkness) but the engine would require extensive scripting for that, methinks.

The project started in RM2K before I found out that it couldn’t run on most modern machines. I guess the recent Degica reissue on Steam fixed that, but now it’s too late and I want to export to Android anyway. This is an homage to FFL3, kinda.

Fun fact: the gaudy warrior is straight from the cover of Black Sabbath’s Paranoid.

1 Like

I’m busy making gayme designers out of 9 year olds, so this is sadly on the backburner atm.