Dunno what thread to put this in: never before heard undistorted GBA song

I think it’s never been heard before. Anyway check out the link in the tweet vs. the video:

Undistorted: https://www.dropbox.com/s/atedfh6t9kjqndj/05%20SONG_PALACIO.MP3?dl=0

Distorted:

6 Likes

i mean, i can’t tell a huge difference

1 Like

Nah it’s pretty similar, I just find it fascinating. It’s similar to those DKC songs where people found the original samples:

3 Likes

Plus this guy just made some fantastic music

6 Likes

oh What

oh god it’s awful put it back

1 Like

thank you for reminding me Ottifanten Pinball exists, which I was going to write about before I gave up

2 Likes

I both love it and hate it

the mixing ruins it and it just doesn’t have the resonant warmth and crunch that the lower resolution gives

1 Like

I appreciate the irony of the video itself being over-compressed 144p pixel soup.

anyhow it looks like joe mcalby had this on his soundcloud

i was going to suggest posting this in my gba music thread, but apparently this was the first song i posted in it lol (albeit it was a very low quality version)

1 Like

This sounds like “My First FL Studio Track.wmv”

i always preferred the GB mixes myself, but last time i said that diplo said they sounded like OCRemixes

2 Likes

Ah, that classic audio desyncing of all old GBA footage on youtube.

1 Like

i know @VastleCania will dig this

7 Likes

this just doesn’t feel right without the weird fart noise of the fortress gate opening right at the beginning

3 Likes

that’s absolutely bizarre, it sounds like…the TV movie version of Super Mario World

1 Like