dragon hunter (generic chinese arcade game)

so i went on an unplanned trip to the seaside tonight, which included a visit to an arcade. almost all the machines were ticket redemption games, but i did see one interesting thing: dragon hunter.

at first sight, i thought it was a light gun game, but i put my money in, and it was actually a weird thing where you aim a constant stream of water at what i guess must have been a touch screen, to shoot various monsters. getting power-ups ingame made the real stream of water more powerful, too!

the whole thing did have that generic look that chinese games tend to have, and there wasn’t even a high score table or anything. but the novelty of it was cool, and i was curious about it. the only identification i could find was a small sticker with a url leading to gungzhou xiongxang animation co ltd

12 Likes
9 Likes

big shout out to their other game “jazz hero”

1 Like

I was devastated when I learned yesterday that purveyors of arcade mediocrity Raw Thrills are led by Eugene Jarvis

1 Like

That’s fukken wild

1 Like

If they made this into a gamified urinal I’d go to the pub a lot more often

4 Likes

someone, somewhere wished on a cursed monkey’s paw for a spiritual successor to propcycle

1 Like

an arcade opened in my town that’s full of these machines

most of them seem to be from the same company called Guangzhou SQV Animation Co., Ltd.

also pretty sure they use stolen assets, like from plants vs zombies

1 Like

curious about animal combat and x-fighter