DRWHO

Jon Pertwee’s pretty rad.

1 Like

Hell yeah he is!

Speaking of, I just rewatched “The Invasion”, one of my favorite Troughton stories, which sets up UNIT, The Brig (although he’d also appeared in “The Web of Fear”), and Benton. It’s got one of the very best camp villain duos in all Who, Vaughn and Packer (or ‘Packaaaar’), and the story wisely keeps them front and center instead of the cybermen.

And I guess that new series starts today! I’m…not optimistic, especially hearing that Matt Lucas is a regular this series. Nothing against the guy, but…

1 Like

Oh shit, i didn’t know the new series was today. It’s been so long since i got down on some new Who, i guess i just stopped paying attention to when the hiatus ended.

Anyone here watched the Power of the Daleks reconstruction? I haven’t yet but i really really need to, that’s supposed to be a stone-cold classic. Troughton rocks.

Guess i’ll watch that and the new ep this weekend!

I have and… it’s pretty good but maybe not as great as its’ reputation would suggest.

The animation is not quite as good as some of the previous animated ones but they had to do the whole thing instead of just one or two episodes, so, still a good effort.

The daleks look amazing in it though. Also, there’s a color version as well, which I haven’t watched yet.

Movellans!

10/10

2 Likes

Exactly what I was going to post!

I will barf violently if the rumor that the schmuck from death in paradise has been cast as the next doctor turns out to be true.

Just looked him up and oh jesus it’s that twit from Love, Actually

What an unfathomably boring pick

Let the Doctor be a woman already, cripes

2 Likes

The rumours have almost never been true, at least

Oh no? Which one? The first or second white cop dude? Both of those guys sucked.

Bill rules so far, but I have a slight fear that they’re putting the pieces in place to have another Rose-Doctor dynamic if we do finally get a lady Doctor next. That’d be a total two rights make a wrong scenario.

The second one. Kris something or other. The first guy, Ben Miller, I actually like. Just not as the doctor. He was fun as the sheriff in the robin hood ep a couple seasons back and I liked him in primeval too.

(Yes I watched primeval. Shut up)

1 Like

Also because movellans I rewatched destiny of the daleks, which is a hoot, and I became smitten with an actor who plays one of the dalek slaves. She has a few lines in ep 2 and shows up in the final ep as well and idk she just pushes my buttons.

1 Like

Ohhhh yeah! I forgot about that Sheriff role. I didn’t put together that he was the corporate dude from Primeval though.

Hats off to that show for taking Voyager’s non-twist of moving into an alternate universe and using it to completely rework the show mid-season. That’s a blatant disregard for the audience that I can get behind.

1 Like

Poirot!

I still miss Eccleston’s and Tennant’s well-traveled people person Doctors, but at least when Capaldi does the alien who doesn’t care about relating to humans thing, they play him off as being an asshole rather than cutesy like Smith.

2 Likes

That sums it up damn well.
I know there’s some Dr. Who I haven’t seen and nowadays i just feel “ill see it when i see it”

1 Like

I’m an episode behind on the U.S. broadcast of Class but I’m really digging it.

Is this another Torchwood where I’m the only person who doesn’t think it’s complete garbage or what?

I was liking it a bunch initially but well, wait 'til you’ve finished it and see what you think.

Ultimately, my verdict is… yeah it’s garbage, sorry.

I’m still interested in seeing if it gets another series or not. Because I do wanna see how in the hell they’re going to write their way out of that ending.

I am really, really digging this season of who, btw.

Mysterious fog words! I’ll check back in a couple weeks and we’ll compare notes.

Pretty into this season of Doctor Who too. Bill’s still interesting, and I dug her effort to maintain a normal life outside of the Tardis. That was unique and I hope they keep expanding on that theme as the season goes.

I will say for now that I am madly in love with Katherine Kelly and want her to be the next Doctor

1 Like

I’m 1000% behind that.