double dipping SUCKS... or does it???

i wanna split the thread to a topic about buying games more than once because i think its neat but i cant think of a title

if something doesnt maybe suck im at a complete loss i guess

3 Likes

selling individual bytecode licenses sucks, or does it

1 Like

mega man 2? ugh. i get mega man 3 on my pizza.

6 Likes

Iā€™ve got all versions of Rise of the Robots and its sequels, some of which you probably didnā€™t even know exist.

2 Likes

but do you have the Rise proto arcade PCB

1 Like

Sadly not! My greatest failure.

1 Like

Iā€™ve heard rumours that suggest the prototype featured not only a fully playable character roster but also the soundtrack was an unreleased Queen album from The Miracle sessions until Brian May thought he could do one better by limiting the total number of playable characters to one while composing the soundtrack entirely by himself.

i havenā€™t though about fucking rise of the robots in forever but apparently the guys who made the surge were inspired by it for some fucking reason

1 Like

I canā€™t tell if youā€™re kidding or not but the Rise proto got dumped and added to Mame

1 Like

Being entirely plausible is what makes the best rumours shine!

EDIT: And yes I was joking.

Yeah, there was a whole evolution from learning that the arcade prototype actually existed at all to realizing its attract mode was among the dumped files in Rise 2ā€™s directorā€™s cut bonus CD to actually getting a dev to give us info on the arcade versionā€™s changes to finally dumping the rom (itā€™s dreadful, by the way). Quite an adventure! There also had been some hope of obtaining some sprite sheets from the never completed gameboy version but in the end that didnā€™t pan out.

The whole Brian May situationā€™s pretty interesting. He actually composed a song (Cyborg) for Rise but there were some right problems so it only finally got included in Rise 2. May, heavily vocoded, also was the announcer in Rise 2 and the secret boss Mayhem. They made him say lot of random stuff with the announcer voice and then used some of it which is why the two directorā€™s cut exclusive secret fighters are named Sheepman and Bunnyrabbit.

3 Likes

but do you have the rise of the robots novelisation

i do, which i somehow found in a random used book store

4 Likes

i own dark souls on ps3, xbox 360, pc, ps4, and switch

(granted i only paid for two of those copies but letā€™s roll with this bit)

1 Like

Double Dipping SUCKSā€¦ or does it?

I rebuy games all the time. If I like them I want as many versions as possible so I can play and replay them anytime anywhere.

2 Likes

I do have it, but really because itā€™s a bonus on the Rise 2 directorā€™s cut. Iā€™ve read it though. Itā€™s not as terrible as the arcade game! Maybe I should pick up a paper copy one of those days.

The handy thing with collecting Rise stuff is itā€™s not an expensive fetish. Got the Rise 2 special german directorā€™s cut, technically the rarest, for 5 bucks for example, cause no oneā€™s really interested in that.

1 Like

I have Beyond Good and Evil for PS2, PC, and PS3.

Ikaruga may be my most-purchased game. (And Iā€™ve still never reached the end, as many times as Iā€™ve played it.)

4 Likes

Man gotta carry it to other threads now dang.

I own Final Fantasy 6 on SNES, PSX, PS3, GBA, PC, and Android

If it comes to Switch, Iā€™ll buy it there too, just try and stop me

Yeah I think my peak is also my 4-ish copies of Dark Souls. I paid for all of them.

I wonder how many games I bought exactly twice. Itā€™s probably in the dozens