dope film posters (and covers)

Back in my day, we didn’t get ‘jokerfied’, we got ‘the-man-who-laughs-ified’. It’s very good.

7 Likes

3 Likes

2 Likes

4 Likes

5 Likes

A case where the Japanese cover is more EXTREME! than the subdued American cover. Possibly from an alternate reality.

2 Likes

Yeah I think the Japanese one is a better design…but how can you beat the surreal U.S. one with Hines and Crystal Air-Jordaning over a cop car?

2 Likes

I had a huge poster of this on my wall as a kid at some point. I’ve still never even seen the movie. This poster used to scare the hell out of me at night.

8 Likes

this is one of my favorite film posters of all time, i was reading through the thread hoping someone hadn’t so i could share it :stuck_out_tongue:

i rly love camp/kitsch cover art, i hope that’s okay to post here!

this lenticular VHS cover for Jack Frost: He’s Chillin’ and Killin’

this ced was this busted when i got it but wow the first time i saw this cover my entire mind was shattered

6 Likes

I went to a screening of Dead Alive many years ago. They handed out Dead Alive branded barf bags. I didn’t have to use it, thankfully. But I stilll have it, somewhere.

8 Likes

somehow never looked into the poster for this one. gorgeous!

1 Like

3 Likes

In Japan, the House series is called “Goblin” presumably because they already had a House, except for House III, which is called “DEVILJUNK” in Japan, so House IV is Goblin III. DEVILJUNK is a really good name.

ea00ebff

6 Likes

lol i forgot dennis quaid was in this movie

Going by the expression on his face there, maybe he did too!

2 Likes

Holy fuck I never realized vhs tapes were 13800+ yen plus inflation

1 Like

In the olden days a lot of VHS tapes would retail for like upwards of $100 too because they were priced to be purchased by video rental stores, but there were some places that would just let you buy the tape if you were willing to pay the same price they did. Then there were stores like Suncoast that iirc didn’t do any rentals at all but just sold those super expensive tapes.

apparently the first movies to convince studios to sell them for like 20 bucks were Top Gun and ET

7 Likes

4 Likes

huh!

5 Likes