dope film posters (and covers)

film posters, box art, et cetera.

tenebrae phenomena-a

b5-dawndead40 b5-resevil b5-bmallory b5-barbersorrow-b barbersorrow salome lair-white-worm b5-elm4 b5-rotld2 b5-rec3 b5-rec4-c b5-tetsuo2 b5-rubberslover b5-memories-b b5-daieisfx sss queen-kong-c b5-piranha2 b5-curiousblue dawn-dead b5-wiztime b5-toxie2013_b b5-househanging b5-finalcount b5-nakedarmy baron-munchausen b5-sfwhip b5-she b5-polt3-b b5-polt2 b5-friday137 b5-kidan parasite-eve b5-otakudaughter gundam-counterattack brain-dead b5-anjaam b5-showajingaira rotld5 b5-rotld4

23 Likes

14 Likes

Gotta show at least a bit of love to Ghana’s awesome movie posters: Making even the cheapest of shlock seem absolutely fascinating, and leaving you to wonder just how buck wild these movies could possibly be.

6 Likes

5b2217272588ce215a6fd48c77db0773
i’ve got an OG french version of this, it’s like 6 feet tall

2 Likes

1 Like

art can help us answer important questions of the age. such as, can you fight the evil forces of power without the power of force?

the ghana posters are great, i love the ghost dog one. i hope there’s also one of these for ‘paterson’.

11 Likes

97aa946c0272bbfee5383acfe6245d6d e281edeec00a0e6a6a6a0926773570b3

3 Likes

also i keep seeing that brain damage poster on various streaming services, and the guy on the cover always reminded me of somebody and i couldn’t figure out who but now i know

guy looks like ian dury

1 Like

4 Likes

1 Like

i really dlislike the arrow house style, and that general approach for rep screening illustration.

like, compare their take on demonlover to the og that is on the inside of the blu ray

6 Likes

i like most of arrows covers – there’s a lot of bright colors and stuff, and they’re visually a lot different than the standard DVD covers.

compare:

the arrow would definitely stand out more to me if i were browsing a shelf/whatever

i think this is the only one that i own that i particularly like

their irma vep one is ok, but the og is an all time classic

b5-8tomb77

2 Likes

5 Likes

it looks like a comic book or video game cover, and it’d i’m watching a film i don’t really want to deal with comic book or video game bullshit these days. also the goggles look goofy, and for the amount of detail in that illustration there’s very little dynamism. would have been better as a silhouette

i don’t know if i’d actually pick up the former dvd case but i do have a weakness for that particular wave of early digital image manipulation

2 Likes

:man_shrugging:

1 Like

3 Likes

lol i havent seen it but could tell from the poster that the woman playing basketball movie was directed by xie jin, the horniest filmmaker the revolution could tolerate

the opera version of red detachment of women is better though

1 Like

10 Likes