i got brown noted by the destiny loading screen when i had e coli

The new dungeon that came out yesterday is a really neat idea: a 3-person 590 power activity kinda like a mini-raid, with multiple encounters that each reward powerful rewards.

I listened to the newest episode of the Destiny Community Podcast with Datto as the guest and it seems even streamers have trouble keeping up with milestones even on just a single character. There are so many activities awarding powerful gear now, but the amount of power levels you need to gain between story completion and raid-readiness is higher than it ever was beforeā€¦

ok, I caved and got forsaken.

I also deleted my old d1 warlock that I didnā€™t like the look of and made a new one. With infusion being so costly it pretty much feels like starting over.

Letā€™s play some gambino soon

Iā€™ll be raid ready just in time for it to stop being relevant! Still wanna do the old ones too! Shame they lowered the generous masterwork drops from ole raids.

3 Likes

So far getting from 500 to ~550 has been kind of a drag. I feel like Iā€™m kinda missing out on the excitement of this time-gated stuff bc itā€™s all aimed at higher level folks and I was a bit late in hopping on this. Gambit is fun, at least. Breakthrough seems silly though - I played three matches and they were all wildly lopsided.

Also, the new solar warlock tree is what I wanted D1 sunsinger to be. I love playing support classes, so having that available has helped keep my interest. With phoenix protocol on you can just chain well of radiance and be everyoneā€™s friend in gambit/blind well/control

I really like what theyā€™ve done with the Wall of Wishes.

The Wall of Wishes is an area in the opening of the raid where you can input 15 different ā€œcheat codesā€ for the raid composed of sequences of the 16 different symbols used throughout the raid. You can skip ahead to any major encounter checkpoint, meaning you can get to one raid chest from the 2nd checkpoint solo without needing to defeat a boss. You can get an extra final chest key to roll your luck at getting A Thousand Voices at the end of the raid. Thereā€™s a bunch of goofy stuff too, like getting Failsafe to accompany you throughout the raid, or having confetti shoot out of enemiesā€™ heads when you headshot them. Not all of the codes have been discovered yet but there is a YouTube playlist here showing off the ones that have been found.

It is a really neat secret, and I hope itā€™s a sign of things to come.

3 Likes

OMG. Iā€™m the captain now, heh.

Sometimes I think Destiny was designed around people playing gruntpocalypse to grind out armor unlocks in Reach, so itā€™s nice to have grunt birthday party back.

Man, this is making me want to get this even more but ahhhh nooooo tiiiime.

xur why

I watched more of the other one and thatā€™s even more of a Halo-throwback to IWHBYD. Itā€™s honestly a wonderful fix to the discussion we had ages ago here where I wanted more jollies in the game (a la Halo) but it was ruining the meditative vibes for other people.

I want Failsafe with me at all times, TBH. Or maybe we can take her with us to the deep stone crypt, but letā€™s not get tooā€¦ Mass Effect about this.

i think iā€™m going to buy in tomorrow

are there really no new pve weapons better than midnight coup, ikelos sg and whisper? feel like iā€™ve used midnight coup longer than fatebringer at this point

also where does the ā€˜get a new character up to speedā€™ thing get you? my two alts are both 305 from vanilla and havenā€™t been loaded up since, i was thinking about switching class for this and absolutely do not want to play the osiris or warmind campaigns again

pretty sure there are but just harder to recommend globally because of random rolls

I believe it only gets you up to 281 power but does skip ahead of all the story content from past expansions

The skip item gets you up to 320 power.

I have a Go Figure (kinetic pulse) with rampage and outlaw and itā€™s a great all purpose PvE weapon.

The return of Vestian Dynasty is also nice.

Ace of Spades is good if you spec your armor to compensate for its reload time.

Everyone keeps saying that but every single YouTube video I have seen of people using the item has resulted in them going to 281 so Iā€™m not sure whatā€™s up with that (and no it wasnā€™t a D1 video, I would have noticed)

Hmm. I donā€™t know how to check now, but the character I used it on went to 320 and is 323 now, and I definitely havenā€™t done 40 levels of work on them since (havenā€™t even done Last Call).

false alarm I forgot hokuto ga gotoku is out on tuesday

need a custom title change to ā€˜SaGa evangelistā€™ or something

2 Likes

I started this yā€™all. I am ready to ps4 party times where you carry me thru a story I already donā€™t care about.

That falcon line being in a AAA videogame is incredible.

I will play this while trying zuntata soundtracks and not trying too hard.

4 Likes

Also i only have this week off so there is a deadline.

This your first time playing Destiny?

Nope! I played plenty of Destiny 1 while not trying too hard and then doing TTK raid.

1 Like

We were so close

fwiw the booster got me 320 power as well

i love it

iā€™m about to go off grid for a week but i think iā€™m gonna start playing this For Real when i get back, i would be truly psyched if we could get a real raid team together