i got brown noted by the destiny loading screen when i had e coli

I hit a big lizard with a weird hammer.

I have to go to bed now I have work in the morning goodbye lizard.

Goodbye friendcat.

5 Likes

ya (almost certainly) count me in yā€™allā€™s groups on the full release of this. i managed to solo the trex (after like 6 tries) with the charge blade and it was hella fun. i had a lot of trouble connecting to multiplayer games so i kind of gave up on that, hopefully itā€™s just a beta quirk

3 Likes

yes i will be hunting with all of you itā€™s going to be so great omg

2 Likes

I ended up playing through the 3 demo quests hammer, sword & shield, and switch axe. Hammer and switch axe make sense but I feel like I donā€™t really understand what the role of sword & shield is supposed to be

Sword and Shield is when you want to be mobile and flexible. Attacks with the shield do stamina damage and KO damage if you hit on the head. In generations you could apply stamina oil so your blade did stam/KO damage so you could do the job of a hammer. If youā€™re stepping up a platform you can do a special rising attack. This was in 4U/Gen but I havenā€™t tested to see if itā€™s still in World. SnS can also use items without having to sheathe the weapon. If you do a full charge on the hop back attack you will run up the monster and slam back down like a super hero.

SnS is the versital choice. Itā€™s also good for status and element weapons for all the hits you can output on a monster. The shield is basically just a last resort if you donā€™t have a good window to dodge so donā€™t count on it to much.

1 Like

yeah

itā€™s awesome

i had forgotten about oils! it seems like maybe they wonā€™t be returning?

Thanks for the explanation, I had no ideas about the oils or elemental damage. I did really like being able to close distance with the lunge attack and the ability to get in and out of combos quickly. I feel like Iā€™m going to have a hard time deciding which weapon to main, but SnS seems like a good beginner option so maybe thatā€™s the way to go.,

I think the best beginner option is whatever you like! some weapons are more complicated than others, but heck, youā€™ll figure it out, youā€™ve got a good brain!

i say this mainly because I thought of SnS as a ā€œbeginnerā€ weapon for the longest time, and left it once I felt like I understood the game more. that was my folly! there are plenty of ā€œadvancedā€ players that make use of SnS, because of itā€™s versaility (like 8128 mentioned), and considering now you can use both your arm-mounted crossbow AND items while having your weapon outā€¦ while staying mobile?? thatā€™s a lotta utility there.

so anyway, yeah, looks like a great place to start! and a great place to end! but donā€™t be scared away from other weapons that might interest you more.

1 Like

Thatā€™s comforting to hear! I feel like Iā€™m coming at this with the assumption that the skill required to use a weapon maps onto how effective it is in some way, and that if I start off with something easier Iā€™ll be screwed for the end game.

Iā€™d categorize weapons into three classes (well aside from bow and bowgun because Iā€™ve never used those):

• Fast weapons, which specialize in dealing status effects since itā€™s a percentage chance per hit (dual blades)
  • Slow weapons, which specialize in dealing damage (hammer)
  • ā€œUpkeepā€ weapons, which have a timed mechanic that buffs either yourself (insect glaive) or your team (hunting horn), generally getting you pretty close to the effectiveness of slow weapons if maintained the entire time

I think itā€™s fair to say that in each of those categories, you can find some easy weapons and some hard weapons, but generally game knowledge and skill will be whatā€™s holding you back and not the effectiveness of the weapon you have chosen.

it is tempting to group weapons in fast/slow/other categories, but itā€™s also important that each weapon is really thoroughly/adorably its own thing. probably a lot of people would call great sword and hammer slow weapons, but functionally i think that hammer is really very agile - where great sword has to plant and wind up to get its charge ready, hammer gets to start charging and then run around looking for an opening. hammer ends up feeling a lot like bow, in that sense, which also starts up a charge and then tries to quickly find the right spot to drop it on a monster - which, incidentally, isnā€™t really how light/heavy bowgun plays at all!

i love that stuff, and i love how someone playing long sword is trying to get off some crazy combo to level up their attack power in some mechanic that no other weapon has access too, and that thereā€™s a system for playing songs and stacking them into buffs and that only hunting horn ever gets to see any of that, and that while dual blades and sns have some similarities on paper they actually end up playing hugely differently when you get into it

ugh itā€™s just the best

I miss aerial style from generations, which made great sword super mobile as hell and ridiculous.

aerial style insect glaive is the most fun I have ever had in a MH game

1 Like

Anyone want toā€¦ play some Destiny 2 on PS4?

can you hit a lizard with a hammer in Destiny 2?

2 Likes

there are big flaming hammers you can throw and maybe in PvP you might run into some dude called The_L1zard

1 Like

How are the hammers ignited and in what manner are they kept aflame as they fly through the air?

what happens to the hammers after they strike their target?

how hot is the flame? how long are the hammers on fire? does the heat affect the material composition of these hammers?

tell me aboutā€¦ the metallurgy of the Destiny Universe

1 Like