Destiny (2) 3.4: ...And The Horse With No Name You Rode In On

hey rye wanna raid

oh i didn’t realize there was a new thread

anyway

16 hour first clear. second encounter is tough with contest; the boss downs you in one burst, so we had to stack arc resistance (or, in my case, riskrunner). seems to be the place most of the day 1 fireteams stalled out at. first and third encounter we got done in an hour or so each, and last encounter was another 5-6

today i did it again to carry some clanmates through and we did it in 2 “real” wipes (both on final encounter). no wipes on encounter 2.

fun raid. i’m down to teach it to anyone here.

I played the new expansion when it dropped for two hours and haven’t wanted to go back since; I’m glad the raid is good but I don’t know if I’ve ever been more underwhelmed by an expac from plot hooks to setting to gameplay devices. Couldn’t keep my eyes open!

2 Likes

i wish they kept contest modifier as an optional pick when loading into the raid bc the theorycrafting and such we did to clear encounters was fun and rewarding. the last encounter, in particular, we all went double special to get our DPS up and used super energy on special finishers and it was such a good switch

here’s the best track from the expansion OST (the track that plays during the post-raid cutscene)

a modified version of it plays during the raid too

1 Like

oh yeah!!

if only i checked this thread ; - ;

i’m 1245 now, been leveling a bit slower since i only have 1 character now

that was me with shadowkeep. taking a year without destiny seems to have rekindled my engagement but who knows how long it will last and i arrive at the same place.

2 Likes

I bought the expansion on pc and have played like a mission of it.

If I can get music functionality like I do on ps4 I will be good.

1 Like

this makes me wonder what are y’alls destiny playlists

i find myself listening to alot of synthpop/electronic music and stuff, whatever spotify spits out at me usually

i never seek to listen to this kind of music in any other context which is interesting to me

1 Like

pods n audiobooks

1 Like

The space rock playlist I use for everything, when I’m not listening to the game music (among the few games whose music I actually still leave on)

1 Like

Andrew WK’s improvisational piano album about a caddilac.

Devil Trigger.

3 Likes

Recorded in Cleveland.

That’s your booji Cleveland fact for the day.

2 Likes

update: i have listened exclusively to the Go! Team discography the past two days during my short play sessions and it’s energizing

1 Like

this probably doesn’t matter to anyone but I just wanted to post to say that I deleted the PMOD Discord server because it hadn’t seen any usage in 2+ years and I have too many damn icons to babysit in Discord

2 Likes

Whoops kinda busted through the geometry of the new exotic mission:

1 Like

good content in every respect

Is it just me or the Cosmodrome battleground is the easiest one so far?

I think so too but mostly because it’s familiar terrain and Hive

There’s less drop pods instantly annihilating you like in the other battlegrounds