Den of Screenshots (Part 1)

4 Likes

5 Likes

11 Likes

Sorry folks, @Rudie told me about this thread and now I gotta post. I’m a sucker for games with good photo modes (I dunno how much of my PS4 hard drive is just Assassin’s Creed Origins photos), so, hey, here’s a few.

(Too bad about the artifacts on that logo)

2 Likes

2 Likes

Witcher 3 - Round 2

8 Likes

3 Likes

3 Likes

Hell yeah. I was tempted to DigDevSag after Raidou Stylin On Em. Vol. 1.

It’s been like, 13 years since I last legit played it, figured it was time. I had to go watch a speed run to remember the stupid Harley Q wall puzzle because the random battles in-between kept throwing me off. It seems to widescreen well – the FMVs don’t look too great, but the in-game graphics, and especially the event scenes, look nice.

I really dislike Sera, though. Just everything about her.

Sounds good to me!

1 Like

Since I’m the boss of the tribe, I got to make sure I creep on people as frequently as possible. Like this guy. Just creepin’ on him. Get back to work! ♫ So I creep, yeah, just keep it on the down low nobody is supposed to know ♫

4 Likes

It takes too damn long to transfer 4K screenshots to USB (that just get compressed anyway), so I’m just gonna stick with these Twitter uploads.

Edit: might be worth noting that those rockets have a lot of technical writing on them, with the last line being something along the lines of “Designed to kill spiders”

5 Likes

What renderer are you using? I get some really lame glitches in the outside world in Raidou Kuzunoha vs. the Soulless Army unless I use the software renderer which looks horrible on my monitor.

This is my birdfriend from Ys 8: Lacrimosa of Dana. I used to have an African Grey named Clarence until late in my teenage years, so this was a pleasant surprise.

Also I saved this one bit of dialogue from way late in the game as proof that eventually it does go full jrpg.

8 Likes

I have an ATI, so I use Direct3D 11 (it tells me not to use OpenGL).

No HW hacks are actually enabled. I think I used the same settings in Kuzunoha Raidou with no issues. @anothersphere might be the better person to ask for that game.

1 Like

Early on playing Raidou 1, I was using PCSX2 1.4. Before long, I switched to one of the frequently updated dev builds: pcsx2-v1.5.0-dev-2448-gd09737dbb-windows-x86

I messed around a lot between OpenGL and Direct3d11, but ultimately DX had unavoidable graphical glitches with certain prerendered background layers (like you mentioned), so I stuck with tweaking the former.

The settings available here may not quite match yours, depending on your version. Also I guess it’s worth noting I use a moderately powered laptop that barely hiccups pushing this to a 4k set. Use OpenGL HW, then scale down resolution and other resource consuming hacks if you have framerate or general performance issues. Just sharing the whole set (short of shader bs) as I got it looking on those shots.

1 Like

If anything it’s been wild to see the slow, yet undeniably frightening growth of Adol’s strength and determination over the years.

Ys 1: Adol fights and defeats an evil sorcerer bent on conquest of Esteria.
Ys 2: Adol fights and defeats an embodiment of evil thrust into the world by abuse of magic.
Ys 3: Adol fights and defeats the entrenched monarchical structure of power in Felghana and gains control of the elements.

Ys 7: Adol learns to draw strength from the very Earth itself and harnesses its power to restore balance to the planet’s lifestream.
Ys 8: Adol befriends and fights alongside a warrior priestess from the past to defeat the concept of Evolution and alter the course of history, triggering her ascent to godhood, then goes on to defeat the Progenitor of Life Itself just so that he and his castaway friends can say goodbye to her.

At this point I am genuinely scared of Adol, as the only thing stopping him from becoming the greatest conqueror ever known is that he’s a mute, soft, cuddly and pure hyper-competent adventure-boy.

7 Likes

5 Likes

Playing around with costumes in the post game. JJJ actually rants about the punk one if you use it for a while.

4 Likes

3 Likes