Den of Screenshots (Part 1)

3 Likes

The curve is a bit overkill, but I really like how SMT looks with this black and white CRT filter. Kind of gives it a bit of a strange or spooky feel in some parts.

18 Likes

12 Likes

3 Likes

163334313015n

13 Likes

But…that is a bird!

1 Like

this game is so great

12 Likes

Just wait for the ending…!

1 Like

It’s got one of the best, for sure.

I’ve watched or listened to the final boss and everything after so many times.

A lot of haunting scenes and commentary in Illusion of G/T, not only for its era (and Zelda-likeness), even more so for a very young player. Everyone remembers the pig but history’s mysteries and…all those depictions of innocence lost. Damn.

I suddenly want it and TN mashed together with Eternal Darkness and whatever other history spanning mythfests are out there. Probably a good vein of games.

Guess I should also play Soulblazer.

2 Likes

No kidding.

“Never forget, this is happening everywhere.”

1 Like

I wanted to play Romancing SaGa 3 (mostly because I’m in love with Ellen’s design), but…

Not like this. It’s a Square RPG, the writing isn’t going to be stellar, but I’m not at the age anymore where I can justify spending 40+ hours playing a machine-translated J-RPG. I will wait for the remake, I suppose.

Ellen_3
:sparkling_heart::revolving_hearts::two_hearts:

2 Likes

14 Likes

8 Likes

What year did this come out?

There are lots of good things in this game apparently.

Like Wall Craftsman. The sequel to toll.

1 Like

So, I messed around with external shaders (Asmodeus, CRT Royale) a while back but couldn’t find scanlines that complimented this level of sharper cleaner rendering, well the way I had in mind. Mild intensity to soften models over static backgrounds, motion and color bleed, basically. At like 3072 x 2688 or thereabouts.

If anyone’s got some good (and specific) shader/filter settings for PCSX2, toss me some recs yo

Oh dang, I might still have my FFXII scanline/crt settings somewhere. Lemme look.

Ok here is like a 2013 version of 64 bit capable sweetfx. inside you will find a crt text file with the specific settings I used for FF12. reference those settings, to make changes to the actual settings file for the injector.
Keep in mind, this was tuned on a 1080p plasma…you may need to make some tweaks, if you have a higher res display.

I don’t have a computer handy with reshade on it. I’m not sure if the crt shader in that is the same is this. And/or of this same shader might be part of a suite which is now integrated with pcsx2 stuff.

anyway, give it a try, if you want.

Here are some examples. I used to have some better ones, but this is hat I found in my old files. Same settings for PS2 Mega Man X.

2 Likes

what’s this