Den of Screenshots (Part 1)

Interesting taste that rich dude has. “I need somebody to build me a table, like 10 feet tall!” And soon after it’s just not enough and he needs another, bigger table to rest halfway upon the first. Give the man enough time he’d probably have a Table of Babel going on.

13 Likes

The purity you attribute to those tables’ design is really admirable

3 Likes

Aigle de Guerre, L' (France) T-En by Mkol103 v1.0-12

10 Likes

an rpg where you’re a witch trying to revive an ancient demon god while people are trying to hunt you down for being a witch. you have a broom for quicker travel, and a wicked hat. Witch Quest, and the sequel, Which Quest is Witch Quest

1 Like

the tables are f*cking

3 Likes

It’s a good demonstration of why so many games make their setting “ruins”. This kind of structure doesn’t look as weird in Prince of Persia when it seems to have a history of partial collapse

4 Likes

True, but at the same time even in this case if all the legs looked like the leftmost ones it would read more as standard videogame platforms resting on columns instead of giant tables.

9 Likes

Parker & Veronica waste fools who don’t know the effective range of a modern assault rifle.

Parker & Veronica cover separate fields of fire as they advance on an enemy-held 747.

Observe that this terrorist has the rear sight of his SVD folded down! Ha ha, terrorist! That is not an effective way of using a long range rifle!

The hilarious thing is, this collection of weapon mods was actually practical???

3 Likes

this is what I was seeing when I said my gun was broke

5 Likes

I tried a 1x red dot with a flip magnifier for a while and I don’t think the weapon sway was as bad but I wasn’t hitting jack shit with it for some reason so I think I’ll stick with the 1-8 and offset red dot. and I read that they want you to eventually have the ability to set what magnifications on the lpvos you actually want, which would usually just be the 1x and the highest setting and maybe a middle setting on the ones that go out to 8x or 10x, so once that’s in I probably won’t bother with the offset. I might try the 1-6 next to see if I find it lacking at range in these maps and if it’s sway is noticeably better when it’s maxed out.

1 Like

ASTRONEER

Yeah that’s what the scope looks like when you’re not ADSing, looks like it was just a bug where it wouldn’t transition.

As for optics I was using the 1-6x + offset red dot at the end when we were both sniping and I liked it a lot. The red dot is still useful because the 1x of a variable-mag scope does not give you the same sight picture. It still fisheyes and bubbles out a bit and is disorienting when you move it around at close range. The red dot is superimposed directly on the background without any distortion and it’s much easier to see with it.

1 Like

It’s kinda crazy how Astroneer’s most interesting environments are far underground where you’re likely to spend a lot less time, if any time at all.

2 Likes

Enjoy some compressed to shit screenshots of the hot new pretty game, Samurai Standing In 1/3 of the Frame

EdYvHV1WkAEdZuH

7 Likes

I gotta try to pull off that tilt-shift stuff from the other thread some time, but I feel I did OK with these.

6 Likes

13 Likes

i like the filters you got going there

it’s crt-easymode-halation with a couple of tweaks (i think i changed mask type and turned halation almost completely off)

3 Likes

Should’ve been the box shot. Or at least like, the back.

12 Likes