Deltahead Podcast

Posting to remind myself to listen to this podcast.

1 Like

The bookmark feature is excellent for this.

1 Like

Hi Jay long time listener first time caller here.

I’m at 45:57 on this latest one. You’ve read the first poem and are talking about it now. I’m liking it. But I’ve also played Gone Home. Not when it was out but long enough after to have forgotten much of whatever I’d initially read about it when it was new. So I was able to approach it basically spoiler free and without any real emotional investment one way or the other.

It was a fine game and I enjoyed it. Might even replay it at some point. But not being particularly allergic to twee and having been born in the very middle of the 1980s and thus old enough to have vivid memory of 1995 I’m part of the target market so I probably would feel that way. And I played it well after the walking sim established itself as a genre and cultural object etc. despite having mostly ignored said genre/objects until then.

Actually now that I think about it I think I really only played Gone Home because it was free on PlayStation plus sometime in the last couple years. But I still enjoyed it and have enjoyed this episode so far.

1 Like

Hey, this podcast is great.

2 Likes

How did you talk about Bloodborne for so long and not make a “Howell” joke. There are a lot of Werewolves in there and I assume anyone named Howell is a werewolf.

1 Like

Identifying a Howell as a werewolf usually doesn’t stick. Someone will say, “Howell’s a werewolf!” and we’ll go “You mean a ‘Where, wolf?’” and by god it genuinely confuses them. By the time they get it, because it makes a lot less sense spoken than read, the whole matter’s dropped because they hate our jokes.

Crazy like a werefox.

4 Likes