Death Stranding 🐋

If there was any doubt that Kojima is still intent on working through his obsessions.

Kojima watched a couple of movies, one of them was Valhalla Rising.

2 Likes

Eat Standing? what could it mean?

7 Likes

no chairs for the wicked

If this manages to have no dialogue at all it will be an all-timer

3 Likes

Good.

2 Likes

At least he hasn’t just watched Star Wars and Lord of the Rings like the rest of all other videogame developers.

19 Likes

bad for digestion

should i like ironically hate this or something

looks pretty cool

Hell no sb is 100% Pro-jima

I bet babies are important in this game.

4 Likes

So is Norman Reedus playing the dude with the beard or the baby?

This is even more terrifyingly true than you realize.

so, “teaser trailer”.

5 minutes.

I forgot.

1 Like

bio gear squishy

2 Likes

would be cool of some dead people would be stranding, let’s say, at the shores of river styx (for good Valhalla Rising-measure, let’s just tack on a welcome to niflheim-punchline and create a loki x marvel x Kojima crossover).

… but maybe that'd be too literal.

And hey, a new ZoE game would have been cool.

Yes

I’m all for Kojima making stuff that messes with the player but I’m not sure I’m on board for all this trying to get brand names on as actors for game characters. Just feels weird.

1 Like

and a big 'ol waste of resources better spent somewhere else when games are already far too expensive.

And this is parochial, but I won’t be especially pleased to see movie stars taking prime public credit for games.

2 Likes

My main concern is how much this can affect how we may perceive game characters done this way. Will we look at them on the merits of their designs and performance independently of who they got to do face scans, mocap and voice work for? Not sure I’m ready to see games made around the star power names instead of being a vision of the creative team.