dangerous christmas

[quote=“swarm, post:5, topic:366, full:true”]I want more games to do the thing that Raw Danger does where there’s a whole bunch of different characters who sometimes never meet, but through seemingly inconsequential actions can greatly impact another character’s playthrough later on.
[/quote]
yeah, i did like the characters that you meet in the latter storyline(s) (there are five of them iirc, for those who haven’t played it yet) - especially if you have, say, about half a year or so between runs. Then you suddenly come across some dork that dresses like … idk, a weirdo? and that’s putting it nicely… and after he has left, you suddenly realize … "hey … was that me in my first run?"
loading the save of your first playthrough … uh … indeed …

[quote=“wourme, post:4, topic:366, full:true”]It’s hard to top a low-budget but highly-ambitious Irem adventure game. You can’t go wrong with any Irem title, really.

The original Disaster Report is also good, though I remember getting stuck on the stadium part for a while in that one.
[/quote]
true and true. i think i had some discussion about this with toll, probably in the axe. the gist of it was whether these games (the irem PS2-era titles) would have worked if they were technically “perfect”, as in AAA-level of polish. I am still a firm believer that technically perfect games would have taken some of the charm away from these games

1 Like