#CYBERPUNK 2077 đź’»

For the record, the Basillica of Licheń is one of the kitschiest churches in the world (usually called “Catholic Disneyland” and often used as an example of architectural camp in academic analysis), everything is made out of the cheapest materials imaginable and hollow inside but painted gold - the rest of the text is full of very obvious jabs at the Polish Catholic Church (esp the “Ferdinand I” bit which has sledgehammer level subtlety about the way hardline Polish Catholics currently act about Francis)

I think the exercise of trying to project a coherent ideological/aesthetic project on the script of this game is kind of counterproductive, The Witcher 3 benefitted from being based on books which everyone in Poland has read (and which are also hard to project a coherent vision on, they contain some terribly reactionary stuff but also bits that would immediately generate rightwing outrage if adapted for a game, but are also ultimately visibly a work of one person). Cyberpunk is very obviously a rushed, disjointed playground every team interprets in their own way, I think their heart is very often in the right place (as far as I understand, the Claire questline has been thoroughly consulted with the biggest Polish trans rights non-profit and so on), but that trademark Witcher misanthropy with half-understood GTA style paintjob makes for some supremely misguided combinations

But also yeah, Nina Kraviz’s rep in the music world made her a perfect match for the reputation this game had a month after launching

8 Likes