cyber-snake vixens of cydonia: terror from the deep: rising sea levels HD remaster

How do you have time to complete The Witcher 3 and watch two hour videos on YouTube nowadays, did you get disbarred and haven’t told us yet

I’m an hour in and he’s just starting to realize how fucked he is. It’s quite fun and by god, is he good at this game. The way he positions his squad goes above my head most of the time. It takes a while to realize what the method to the madness is

1 Like

That was something else

Well, I slept 3 and a half hours last night

4 Likes
3 Likes

Lol

1 Like

After years of alien rule, humanity won the war for Earth. But when the Overlords fled the planet, they left their former soldiers behind. Now, five years after the events of XCOM 2, humans and aliens are working together to forge a civilization of cooperation and coexistence.

Welcome to City 31, a model of peace in a post-invasion world. However, not all of Earth’s inhabitants support interspecies alliance. Chimera Squad, an elite force of human and alien agents, must work together to destroy the underground threats driving the city toward chaos.

Your agents are unique: each of them equipped with special tactical abilities and driven by a different motivation for joining Chimera Squad. Deploy targeted team members to investigate and combat the dangers that pervade the districts of City 31.

Lead Chimera Squad through a new experience that innovates on XCOM’s turn-based legacy, utilizing strategy, teamwork, and new breach-and-clear gameplay to complete your mission objectives.

The future of City 31 depends on you.

4 Likes

OooooooOOOoooo, looks like it’s a licensed game by a different dev. Definitely interested.

Love these alien civies:

Robits look good:

Naturally the cyber snake vixen is automatically the best character:

2 Likes

getting some team sonic racing vibes but glad the huge discount extends into release week so I can see if I care

3 Likes

not too sure what the idea is calling that guy blueblood but I guess it’s not offensive

Beaglerush has his impressions video up now

He likes it but then why wouldn’t he?

I like how discrete it is. I liked the bigger possibility space of XCOM in theory but in practice it was tedious

I think that’s why I’m intrigued by it

Beags talks a lot about how it’s not possible to alpha strike & delete a pod anymore, but one other thing the interleaved turns + breach & cover does is remove a lot of the suspense. You can’t get unexpectedly spotted or stumble into a pod unprepared, and there’s no sickening dread from seeing someone you thought was safe is actually out of position and is going to be shot when you can’t do anything about it.

This isn’t bad, just different.

But then I saw this YouTube dude get screwed by the RNG several times and I was like “Ah, so not that much different”

Yeah this is exactly the kind of thing that’s cool in theory and even sometimes in practice (and it makes for those stories you remember forever) but the tradeoff is spending 10 turns per map running around the edge setting up the perfect ambush and I just can’t power through that meta for a whole campaign

5 Likes

I’ve been playing Chimera Squad and so far I think it’s a really exciting experiment. My impression of it as early in as I am is that it is a much brisker experience, in part because of what’s mentioned above about having a more reigned in possibility space. But what I think is most interesting about it are the parts that are reminding me of what it felt like to play Darkest Dungeon, where setting out on a mission is a moment of consideration about what is going to immediately help you in this mission balanced against what might be unavailable for you in the next.

Your units can’t die otherwise you fail the game, but the scars they get can be so debilitating you need to always have at least one unit benched, with maybe another unit suffering from a bad scar waiting to be benched after them. Then you also have the research division which, in order to progress at a fast enough pace to keep up with the ramping challenge, requires another unit to cut research time in half. I’m not even bothering with the spec-ops stuff, which sends out one unit on a run that can result in resources and items and maybe even scars. On the harder difficulty I am playing on, at the early state I am at, the game makes me break a decent mental sweat. I like it a lot.

HOWEVER. The damage values in this game are totally upsetting. The worst game feel I’ve ever experienced is firing at an enemy with my weapon that does 3-5 damage and, routinely, landing critical hits that do 4 damage. It. Is. Fucked. Up. Feeling. Worse than missing shots at >80% accuracy I think.

6 Likes