Cultist Simulator

As for the amount of cards, there’s a lot of them, but they are quite context-dependent. You can freely move cards and tiles around the board, but I found this setup comfortable for me:

The tiles at the top are your main verbs. Stuff like work, study, explore, dream etc. They are always available. In the corner, the tile with the hourglass represents the passing of time. It sucks up the funds you need to live. One funds card per cycle, or “season”. Some tiles are temporary events, like “a pleasant day” that gives you contentment, or Sickness, that turns one of your health cards into an affliction you must cure, or another that means you are currently being investigated etc… These tiles disappear after they have finished their process.

Then I organize my cards roughly like so:
People in the middle (your believers, your patrons, Hunters from the Bureau who want you gone)

Lores and cult stuff on the right side, organized by color. They represent your knowledge of the invisible arts. There are nine different aspects. Two of them work a bit different than the others

Abilities, “stats”, funds, on the top-left row. Recurring locations below that. Skills (languages, scholarships etc) on the row below, and vaults you can explore below that.

I a row at the bottom I put my collection of texts and books, as well as materials

Then on the bottom-left corner I have some rite cards parked there, because at the time I didn’t know enough about the game to be able to perform a rite.

The temporary cards, I just scatter around wherever they don’t get in the way or are most convenient for what I’m doing at the time.

4 Likes