Cool articles thread

jerry

2 Likes
1 Like

art people need to be stopped

2 Likes

i’ve had a total about face on the fucked up coffee guy, read his story it’s fascinating and tragic

2 Likes

i refuse

2 Likes

I like this

Time turns staccato; little actions feel big; large ones aren’t taken lightly; everything comes with a residuum of doubt. This is how socializing has always felt to me, but now I see what that looks like in other people, too. Movement is awkward, hesitant.

I can’t tell if he is intentionally poorly self-reflecting; he unloads but doesn’t make half the connections visible; everything is so very cramped and narrowed I don’t know how he writes about art. But then I think, how do you have to shield yourself to write and survive about art culture and the people buying and cultivating taste in New York City? It sounds like death.

1 Like

Cyberspace is exactly the sort of thing that we have set apart conceptually and subjected to ceaseless moralizing: It has become almost second nature to claim that “the virtual” is less intimate, authentic, or natural than “the real.” Despite its failure to compellingly describe the world we inhabit, cyberspace nevertheless thrives as a framework for making moral judgments about that same world. Cyberspace has become our Mount Olympus, the founding myth of the Internet Age. It is an article of faith, not the product of lived experience.

This is a cool piece that talks about something I’ve thought a lot about. When I was reading Thomas Pynchons’ latest book, Bleeding Edge, I kept wondering why cyberspace felt like an afterlife, like a purgatory to mingle with the ghosts of dead people.

3 Likes

Not an article but this thread is ace

2 Likes
7 Likes

re: endnotes

real doomer hours etc

3 Likes

thinking about gary today. hope he’s ok

2 Likes

if anyone enjoyed the hobby lobby stolen papyrus saga then you may also enjoy this story about controversy in the coptic studies world. contains a really startling plot twist more than halfway through that coincides with an unexpected appearance of the term “hotwife”.

5 Likes

Batson D. Sealing :kissing_heart: :ok_hand:
also the perhaps inevitable presence of florida in this caper

There is a short piece on Cultist Simulator and Planescape: Torment by Violet Adele Bloch in the latest issue of Unwinnable Monthly, which reflects on the former’s predatory framing (you seduce, manipulate and dispose of people) and the latter’s playing with a power dynamic that sees Nameless One always lorded over by people with more knowledge and power than he has. The allegations against Chris Avellone and Alexis Kennedy’s history bring them into context. It was a slight, interesting piece that made me think about those games a little differently.

If you’re curious to read it and missed out on being sent the latest issue (you don’t get back orders when you subscribe), PM me and I can send it to you.

1 Like
2 Likes

Good read if u ever thought “hmm, culture is kind of spooky”

2 Likes