Chamber of Sacred Ootheca - The Metal Thread

New Maximum the Hormone album announced and also Ryo lost a bunch of weight and it’s really throwing me for a loop

3 Likes

gb2hei-cob1-5

I promise I’ll never disappoint my fans.

1 Like

I played BFG Division and Holy Wars and now my 6 year old says metal is his favorite music

4 Likes

He’s right! I don’t know if we’ve talked about it, but the new DOOM is recruiting a choir of death metal singers and honestly that will probably sound awful buuuut

Is there such a thing as “a choir of death metal singers” wouldn’t they all just go BLOOOOAARRRGHGHGGHGHGGGGHGHHHHHH

Hello it is me, the dad with the dad opinions

There has not been such a thing afaik

That sounds awesome? I can only imagine that the acoustic harmony would make it sound eerily smooth

1 Like

the oficial (??) sucessor to batushka is very good

1 Like

reviving the thread to mention the new release from frozen moon is fun

2 Likes

@zeal requested some metal recs over on my last.fm so i thought i’d just post some samples here

perhaps also share metal you enjoy, if you do…!

cloud rat is probably my favorite michigan band, off the top of my head? it’s uhhh emotional grindcore w/ some black metal influences

devil master’s first full length is one of my favorites in recent years, a delicious blend of black metal, death rock, goth, butt metal, etc

blood incantation worship cosmic death metal and have made some of the best of it

hooded menace make top notch finnish death/doom, this track and some others on their last album veer into an almost post-punk sound… check it out

no one knows what the dead think is new grindcore by guys from discordance axis—and where discordance axis liked to reference evangelion, here you’ll find they’ve been playing that nier

cattle decapitation are vegan deathgrind… the vocals on their newest album are something else

more to come… soon?!

6 Likes

looking forward to the @shrug parody thread

2 Likes

cloud rat is so fucking good, best band

2 Likes
1 Like

YES, dead as dreams is an all-time favorite and a personally meaningful record to me, having discovered it back when it was still relatively shrouded in mystery when i lived in san francisco during the early/mid '00s

1 Like

and if you like that, you may also enjoy dispirit, which is john gossard’s arguably even weirder, doomier black metal project. the man’s an underground metal legend in my eyes

1 Like

who knows how long this thread will last, so i’ll just dump some more stuff here NOW

grindcore perfection w/ forays into drone, jazz, and hip-hop

yoga were weird, psychedelic black metal and drone

ghastly death/doom

jrpg grindcore (half joking, but the song is called “midgar rising”…)

couch slut is like the jesus lizard, but heavy enough to crush skulls into dust

check out howls of ebb if you like strange, skeletal black/death metal

if this thread continues for a bit i’ll start working my way back to older records, too

3 Likes

amazing!!! which of their albums is best to start with?

my favorites are probably the one above and this, their first release:

1 Like