cavia thread

what agreat company

3 Likes

My favorite Cavia is KORG DS-10

My favorite Cave-ia is Guwange

4 Likes

this thread is newly relevant because, in an admirable display of cavia spirit, the nier 1 remake is being developed by toylogic, the studio founded by the drakengard 1 systems programmer (!) whose last game was such a disaster that all mention of it has been wiped from their website

12 Likes

My favorite cavia

4 Likes

drag-on dragoon is so much better as a name than drakengard. we got robbed

6 Likes

a truly indefensible localization

1 Like

it’s perfect. there’s lots i love about nier but it’s never willing to go all in on the vacant melancholy tone it gestures at in the way dod1 commits to being a cold, stoic, resolutely straightfaced cursed kusoge about incest and doing 9/11.

5 Likes

Nier edges out Drakengard for me for a couple of reasons.
Drakengard always feels more like a mood piece, like it’s just nice to bathe in the awful horror of that world. The music, voices and sound go a long way to making this the case but the extreme repetitiveness of everything too. You get this feeling from just sitting on the mission selection screen like the game just shouldn’t be played. That and how straight-faced it presents some really batshit insane setpieces.

Nier always felt more like it was trying to say something even though its tone doesn’t always deliver. It feels like a game that’s about language and how it messes shit up for a lot of people. Like words literally give you power through magic but they also obscure communication that would prevent misunderstanding which eventually leads to shitty behaviour (genocide). Drakengard has an awesome tone and is pretty much unmatched even now but Nier’s presentation of language barriers as a world-ender always stuck with me for some reason. Now that I think about it, Caim’s inability to speak feels like a proto-Nier trait.

I have some positive feelings reserved for Caim’s appearance in Drakengard 2 but otherwise that game is a weird mess.

9 Likes

Can’t believe there hasn’t been a Dog of Bay revival in this post NIER/Cats world.

8 Likes

bullet witch owns

7 Likes

To each their own but I’ve never understood the appeal of Bullet Witch.

Is it just the weirdness of it? I was completely done with the game by the end of it.

A fair point and well made.

3 Likes

same team worked on bullet witch!!

2 Likes

i know it says establish but i read that as “provisional government promises to abolish law and order” and i was like hell fucking yeah thank you miss bullet witch

2 Likes

steam_2020-05-03_17-20-20

i got my steam account restricted because i bought too many copies of bullet witch for sbers LMAO

12 Likes

my good friend got me bullet witch and the game stutters nonstop, i looked up the fix and

12 Likes

don’t you DARE try to play this japanese xbox game without a controller bitch!!! what an amazing and perfect bug. bullet witch on PC is raw as fuck.

4 Likes

the game just told me to PULL the space bar

14 Likes

12 Likes

bullet witch

4 Likes