,,,^..^,,,~ (Cat thread)

7 Likes
7 Likes

I got a $25 security camera a few years ago and set it up in my front room so I can check in on cat activity when I’m gone for more than a day. I was out of town all weekend and on my way home today I checked the live feed to find that it was pointed at a wall instead of the view of the room that I had yesterday.

The recording of “events” has always seemed hit-and-miss (not as if I pay for a subscription or anything) but this time it worked and I was able to find the 6:00 a.m. footage of my cat jumping up toward the camera. His tail waved a few times in frame and then the scene spun and went black. When the night vision mode kicked in it was showing the wall.

14 Likes

Sounds like you have a secret agent cat.

the nip hour

15 Likes

13 Likes

this crazed fiend had a ketoacidosis scare last week but fingers crossed he’s on the mend
having a 16 year old with diabetes is a wild ride

16 Likes

Does…does the concrete have catnip in it?

2 Likes
5 Likes

6 Likes

weather is warming up which means the soap opera of stray/outdoor cat activity in the neighborhood has resumed…

the only returning player in this season’s drama is a small tabby cat who goes in and out of our backyard pretty much every day, she is curious about our (strictly indoor only) cat and tries to visit her at the back window, but our cat hates her and yells and screams and punches the glass when she comes to say hi ;_;

new characters who have been around a lot this year include “tripod”, a gigantic three legged calico cat who can move surprisingly quickly, basically chill but will rush other cats if they are creeping up on her. she loves people and rolls over for us every time we see her. there’s also “ron” a tuxedo cat w a funny mustache who tries to start shit with everyone but will always run away, and “rocky” a more mysterious figure, kind of a drifter but doesn’t seem to want any trouble. oh there’s also ‘garfunkel’ (who sadly has no simon? i forget why we called him that) a cream colored cat who i think is kind of stupid. but i may just be biased against cream colored cats i don’t know why.

i love all of them so much i hope the coyotes do not eat them.

17 Likes

Dutch won’t eat her new food. I continue to put it out and she smells it then looks at me with great disappointment before eating more dry food.

But she’s not straining anymore. At least not in front of me. So maybe ceasing the old wet food really was the trick. Maybe she’ll eventually give in and learn to like this new stuff. Maybe we’re transitioning into a world without wet food. Maybe someday she’ll learn to forgive me my trespasses. We’ll see.

13 Likes

I also have a rotating cast of neighborhood cats, some of whom I see just about every time I open my door. I believe they are all strays that have never lived indoors, and I know that for a fact about five of them. (One of them is the father of my cat, and three are his older siblings.) When one disappears for a while, I fear the worst. But they always seem to reappear.

I don’t feed them but a neighbor does. I give some of them treats, but only one of them will let me get near and occasionally pet her briefly.

6 Likes

i highly recommend giving them all stupid little names and surveilling them like a nosy neighbor… really adds a lot to the domestic experience

8 Likes

I like giving the neighbourhood cats silly labels as well. I think I already mentioned the Train Station Cat (who appears to be packing it’s bags to leave town unfortunately).

There’s another cat who I called the Peewee Herman Cat, but I think he looks more like a Crispin Glover Cat. His main trait besides his little toupee is sneaking into my yard and pissing on my door.

There’s a few cats I would call “Goddamn stereotypes” because they look like those perfect tuxedo cats you’d see on the front of the Kitty Kat Crunch box

3 Likes

meet zaku we’re still in the car an hour away from home. there was a shooting (cops shooting at a road rager who attacked some construction workers) on the freeway so an hour and a half drive turned into five hours

like the traffic was so bad a little old lady was going window to window handing out snacks… but WE MADE IT AND GAVE FOUR TEENAGERS TWO HUNDRED DOLLARS FOR THE SOFTEST LITTLE TORTIE

she’s bunny soft still

she’s already purring and rubbing on my hand in the carrier I can’t wait to get home

zaku…

19 Likes

shes hiding now!!! but i want to kiss her!!! BUT I AM REPSECTING HER SPACE!!! shes eating treats but PLEASE GO TO THE BATHROOM YOU POOR THING

9 Likes

look who came out to eat and pee and headbutt me

21 Likes

Frankly I am in love

2 Likes