,,,^..^,,,~ (Cat thread)

RIP Metroid. He was a super cool cat!

2 Likes

20 yrs for a lad seems really good going?

5 Likes

He waits

6 Likes

Somehow today he was simultaneously more affectionate and more aggressive/territorial :man_shrugging:

8 Likes

I assume that if a cat is psychically discontent, they’re capable of willing themselves to die young out of pure cat spite, whatever their baseline material circumstances. Metroid must have had a pretty good one.

RIP

7 Likes

Selma still full of energy

10 Likes

Found vorbis in a new spot today

15 Likes

vorbis is an a-rank name

5 Likes
4 Likes

have yet to figure out what she’s looking at/for

7 Likes

And today on the final day, he rolled around at my feet playfully, and bit my leg

7 Likes

joules does that, except she knows she shouldn’t bite, so she kinda barely touches her teeth to my leg then backs up like she’s been electrically shocked. it’s great

4 Likes

i love it when cats get mad and go to attack before they remember who they’re getting mad at. i have the same STOP YOU LOVE THIS PERSON reflex in my ptsd
-attack-everyone-who-touches-me brain so its one of my favorite cat things

i also learned that cats push their food to the sides not because they know you’ll fix it and they’re jerks but because of whisker fatigue! their poor sensors get too over stimulated by the edges! it seems so obvious. so i gave away our spare cat dish thats kinda deep to dog ppl

i had a dream that i was dating notorious BIG and id embarass him by calling him ‘biggie poo’ and strider was there interrupting with loud ass meows every time biggie poo would tell me to call him something else in front of his biggie poo posse

10 Likes

Yeah, we pretty much only put cat food on these old plastic ice cream tub lids specifically to avoid whisker fatigue. On the other side of the equation you have John, whose love for drinking water from nonstandard locations means he’d rather shove his head in a measuring cup to drink than let me pour the water into a bowl.

3 Likes

now im thinking of gentrifying catfood by serving it on a fancy cutting board… charcuterie for cats

6 Likes

I wish I was kidding but this already exists

4 Likes

the cat who takes a pet like no problem is all grown up

7 Likes

I adopted Romeo 10 years ago today! This is a picture I took of him the day I brought him home in 2011. He looks pretty much the same today just a bit chunkier and has older eyes.

18 Likes

14 Likes

11 Likes