Casting Call for SNExploration 10: F1 ROC: Race of Champions/Exhaust Heat!!!

@Ymer got to pick our next game, so we’re playing F1 ROC: Race of Champions! It looks pretty dang cool and I’m excited to play our first curated game.

The Salaryman game is “Super Zugan - Hakotenjou Kara no Shoutaijou” which is

a 1994 Mahjong game based on an anime of the same name about the perpetually luckless protagonist Hideyuki Toyotomi, who gets dragged into mahjong games by his three degenerate companions and constantly loses in spite of the tiles he draws. “Zugan” is a mutated form of the Japanese phrase for “bad luck”.

Anyway! The link to the discord is below. The ROM pack is in the #resources channel. Just go to the Dropbox and download the zip file. Also, feel free to join and just hang out! We’ve got emojis and like to shitpost.

As a reminder, we discuss the game based on 5 topics, listed below without description:

• Gun
  • Vanity
  • Mystery
  • Poetry
  • Harmony

If you’re recording, please play the main game for an hour or so, and take a couple of notes on those 5 topics.

And for Mahjong, seriously, don’t spend more than 5 minutes on it unless you’re really digging it.

2 Likes

This is now a casting call. Welcome to the future

Oh dear, I have some real bad news that while it might have made for a real funny and confusing podcast, I need to clear up that the game pictured above is not F1 ROC: Race of Champions but F1 ROC II: Race of Champions. The sequel’s wiki page seems to have a higher SEO ranking which is probably where the confusion comes from. It was never even released here in PAL-land.

Kind of curious about the futuristic direction they took for the sequel in though? None of that in the first one.

1 Like

Oops I did a dumb, sorry

@Ymer, you should join us for this episode if you like!

Been thinking about it and I just might actually.

2 Likes

Alright, it’s happening on Sunday @ 12-2 pacific time!

It’s a bird, it’s a plane, and also look the podcast is out:

Our longest yet!!! Is that an achievement???

EDIT: I posted the wrong effing link

4 Likes

7 Likes

Not a single comment about GUNing it zero stars.

Ahem, if you were truly a deep listener you would have heard me make that joke in Drift King, and of course we never re-use jokes on snexploration

2 Likes

Holy Shit.

1 Like