Cartoons (Part 1)

Does the energy field mean Leonardo can hit people with his sword now?

Will it just be like a bat just PWANG?

Someone on twitter linked April’s bat to Edsel’s bat from Matt Wagner’s MAGE maybe eveeything is energy bats now.

(btw if you read and enjoyed MAGE when you were 13 DO NOT pick it up again the writing is very bad (though the coloring is sort of interesting and the dragon still looks cool?))

1 Like

http://www.crunchyroll.com/anime-news/2018/02/04-1/crowdfunding-campaign-seeks-to-house-underpaid-animators

stories I’ve heard are salaries equivalent to $25k-$35k and jobs in downtown Tokyo. And expected to go out drinking socially multiple nights a week.

!!

i know dude loves symmetrical framing but i think i went cross eyed a couple times

1 Like

Fantastic Mr Fox is his best movie and the best Roald Dahl adap since Matilda, @ me all you want

I’m pretty happy there will be another movie that looks and feels like FMF

4 Likes

2 Likes

lol what a shitshow

1 Like

Who are all these fucking FLESH HUMANS WHY

why is it a super sentai show

why is the cg worse looking than the original series.

WHATS THE POINT ITS 2018 COMPUTERS ARENT SPECIAL ANYMORE

3 Likes

I don’t know what you guys are talking about, this is clearly the 2nd best Superhuman Samurai Syber Squad reboot coming out this year

And why even bring back Megabyte when you don’t have Tony Jay?

episode eight of pop team epic is easily my favorite so far. really like the longer skits in the begining

this is a good cartoon

Episode 7 is still my favorite. It’s hard to upstage Hellshake Yano.

For the anecdote, because apparently you can never go too far for the sake of a semi-obscure joke, episode 8 aired 8 times in a row on TV.

yeaaah, hellshake yano really was a thing of passion

what in the world ,

That Seiken 3 gag

Pop Team Epic is a good cartoon. Like all good sketch shows, some hit. Some miss. Some–like the Earth Wind & Fire parody felt-mation music video–are sublime.

Reboot only wishes it could be on the level of a sentai show. I dunno if you’ve heard of the sentai season that just started, but it’s pretty good so far (though it’s still too early to know if it’ll stick to that level of quality) and has a very amusing premise: There are two teams (Lupinranger vs Patranger, phantom thieves vs cops) who, while fighting the same villains, are following diffeent goals and competing over a common resource pool (notably the central robot component). It has transcended the concept of the sentai crossover even further than Gokaiger by crossing over with itself.

It is quite fun.

(Also first instance ever of a black actor in a recurring part in a sentai. He’s playing the police chief).

3 Likes

its true, if reboot wanted to be a real sentai show there’d be way more mom service

2 Likes

Reboot was never good

2 Likes