Cartoons (Part 1)

Is it butt-themed?

Is it all about butt stuff??

Somehow I started watching Sankarea and Kore wa Zombie Desu Ka? which are really both just garbage, straight up, but my appetite for animu can’t be sated. I’ve got better shows in my “to watch” list but here I am.

I just finished Re:Zero which didn’t entirely squander its potential but in the end turned out pretty alright. I think it’s one of the few anime I’ve seen where the middle episodes are actually the best part

1 Like

Sankarea is pretty anime but I managed to find some endearing parts to it. Thought I kinda dropped off of the manga when the grandpa’s assistant was introduced and started feeling it get even more anime.

Speaking of trash, who’s ready for keijo? That’s all about butts and bumping.

yeah I’m finding this to be the real adult opinion, I think I like Phantom Blood as a whole more than SC right now, go figure

Most stuff in early-mid SC is still too much BT-lite while paling in comparison to the hottest stands in part 4 and 5 - a good portion of the later fights is shonen peak + sweet stands tho, to the point that part 4 is not too hot for a good while for me

I am watching Needless because I don’t know. It’s interesting watching something and realizing you would have liked it if it came to you like 15 years ago. Feeling that some parts are grating but you would have liked them back then. I also believed for a long time that this was about people with superpowers and ridiculous coats going around a nuclear wasteland, probably the reason I decided to give it a try. Little did I know that around half of the show happens in the same goddamn room!

nickelodeon are making a gwen stefani-inspired cartoon called “kuu kuu harajuku”

if it came out in 2002, people would have shat all over it. releasing it in 2016, after we’ve had years and years of amazing cartoons just seems like insanity. look at this shit

i know it’s bad to judge a book by its cover, but fuck me

1 Like

Yeah like… there is no possible way that is going to be good. I cannot picture such a thing in my wildest fantasies.

So in a one two combo I chained today watching Akira on cinema and watching the Mob Psycho 100 finale. Is maybe way more than the recommended weekly dose of psychic powers anime but I am incredibly happy with both.

I never expected the Mob Psycho finale to go the way it has gone. Props to ONE for that.

And now my summer shows are done. I will miss Active Raid, it was just so much damn fun. But at least there’s going to be a second season of Thunderbolt Fantasy.

Yesterday, the final ep. of Danganronpa 3 come out and I am dissapointed.

It ended with a festival of fanservice, making the DR2 class come back was unnecesary, I am not mad they are alive but I didn’t wanted them to hijack the ending to stop the worst final boss ever that was Mitarai. It could have been Hajime and Naegi talking with a more determinated Mitarai instead of a bunch of fighting.
In the end they didn’t kill any character from the previous games they just killed almost all the cast from 3, just Mitarai and Munakata made it to the end and everyone got a happy ending except Munakata, he lost everything and we didn’t see what was he doing in the futere, oh and talking about future why is Naegi making HPA again?
Mitarai was a wasted character they make all this anime based on his ability to make brain-washing anime and when he could have done something interesting he just was pissy and stoped in the last minute because a bunch of people he doesn’t know and doesn’t know him come to give him hugs.
Despair side was ok but nothing important in the end. they made Kirigiri come back to life with a bullshit antidote Seiko made out of thin air and Mikan just passing trough. The only good thing was Juzo, he was a jerk, he was violent but in the end he was the most fun character with the best resolution in his story, something the characters original from 3 doesn’t have because of fanservice.

Do we still froth in this community because

Live-Action JoJo’s Bizarre Adventure Coming, Takeshi Miike To Direct

2 Likes

Final chapter of Thunderbolt Phantasy was all fine and good until they pulled out a bat belt out of nowhere.

The last two episodes of Mob 100 kind of cracked me up which was very much needed after a few episodes in Serioustown

recently got a subscription to funimation since they reduced the price, and have been mainly watching brown shows on it.

haibane renmei feels really safe and comforting. i wanna be a cute winged teen living in a halls of residence~

last exile is like a really great-looking jp-only saturn rpg, but it’s a cartoon. i haven’t been paying much attention, but it’s about people flying airships and stuff and has character designs by that one guy. you know the one i mean.

the new tiger mask show is on cruncyroll and i intend to watch the first episode before bed tonight. actually, there are a bunch of interesting-looking shows starting this month

The ending of Last Exile made me really mad when I saw it a decade or so ago, but it’s got some great design work, and yes, that kind of old-style JRPG adventure feel.

Last Exile basically has an awesome opening cutscene and a really well-realized world, then gets stuck on a bizarre sidequest that brings you all the way to the end of the game.

1 Like

Damn, Tiger Mask W is a “USA only” thing in Crunchyroll. We meet again, my old enemy Zone Restrictions.

I was really confused by the posts about Last Exile until I realized that I was thinking about Scrapped Princess instead. Thanks to “that one guy” designs I always mix the two in my mind.

Anyway, I am stuck now in watching Teekyu chapters. I rarely laugh but there is something that compels me to watch just one more chapter more. May Tomino have mercy on my soul.

Gakuen Handsome is incredible

1 Like

We should have warned you

There is no escape from the tennis club.