Cartoons (Part 2)

yeah the fetuses were really just annoying at best

1 Like

this is a pretty bad idea hahaha

3 Likes

i really liked the aesthetic and character dynamics of the orbital children although iā€™m always suspicious of politcal scifi especailly like near future stuff that places such an importance on overpopulation specifically. although i suppose to a degree itā€™s already alt-history if you pay attention to the backgrounds. fantastic end credits song and delightful little world. guess iā€™ll rewatch dennou coil.

1 Like
2 Likes

after you posted that, I did a real quick google search to see what ā€œleaksā€ was about, and one of the ā€œPeople also askā€ questions told me that the show was renewed for a third season. And I was going to post about how I had previously believed it was fated to go the Gravity Falls route - break down in episode scheduling midway through season 2, a scattered multi-part finale and an indeterminable wait for the extra-length final part of said finale. And I was really glad that wasnā€™t the case! And then I thought, Iā€™m not rational enough to think that such a post wouldnā€™t jinx things somehow. Better play it safe.

Several minutes later I read that - way back in May of last year - it was renewed for a third season to debut later this year, but that season will only be three 44-minute specials and itā€™s the final season and thereā€™s a fair bit of justifiable drama about why it was cancelled and how badly that cut short the teamā€™s plans for the show.

not my fault and yet Iā€™m still deeply sorry. oh well.

5 Likes

gravity falls somehow has a more studied anime sins of prior generation flashback episode than any of its contemporaries that wear the label more conspicuously

turning the prospector hillbilly joke character into a steve wozniak type living inside psychosis should not work

2 Likes

watching utena for the first time and itā€™s reputation did not prepare me for how much of a looney tunes goofball sitcom it is

13 Likes

ele-bridge

21 Likes

I watched all of Primal between yesterday and today. Itā€™s pretty good I guess. I mean, nothing mind-blowing but probably more projects like this should be made. I hope itā€™s getting a season 2 it ends on one helluva cliffhanger

1 Like

donā€™t know where to put this exactly but i am marveling about what a huge idiot this guy is!!!

i mean disney can go to hell for other reasons obviously but ā€¦ this is really something else. just one of the worst pieces of film writing iā€™ve ever readā€¦ remarkable in the depths of its badness. he canā€™t even provide examples of whatever it is that is supposedly so alienating about this movie! i know the answer is just that heā€™s racist, but i am going to pretend that his confusion stems mainly from the movie having like 40+ minutes of dialogue exclusively concerned with giving precise directions to locations in various toronto suburbs

5 Likes

among all of the hilarious things about this, perhaps the funniest thing to me about this is a man saw a trailer for a movie that is clearly made for 13 year old girls, and then both decided to watch it and also to complain about how itā€™s ā€œnot for himā€ ā€¦ likeā€¦ correct. it isnā€™t. (???)

3 Likes

disney making a cartoon about menstruation almost feels like progress
itā€™s at least novel

1 Like

the girls with red panda fursonas demo is critical

4 Likes

Nah pretty sure they did that like 60 years ago already

Edit: actually more like 70 years (granted itā€™s a 10 minute informational short film)
The Story of Menstruation - Wikipedia.

theyā€™ll never top the curb your enthusiasm episode

1 Like

well then!

the review is gone but one of his claims is that itā€™s the horniest Pixar movie and

sir have you seen Elastigirl

4 Likes

You bet I have

3 Likes

im watching the 1997 berserk anime

UnhealthySaneDungbeetle-size_restricted

the watercolor backgrounds are sublime

2 Likes

You can PM her for a link to her edit, should you be interested.

1 Like