i got brown noted by the destiny loading screen when i had e coli

PMF? clan abbreviations can be 3-4 characters i believe.

2 Likes

PMOD would still work, just sayin’ :eyes:

1 Like

i kind of like PMFS, especially when i say it out loud

after that i like PFEM and PMOD pretty well

PMS occurs to me but it probably shouldn’t go further than that

edit: i just mentioned this to sonford and he says we should be Sonford’s Hole (SNFD)

also good

i like panther moderns a lot

there’s some kind of clan ‘mission statement’ feature in this for the guided games right?

yeah judging by the reveal video you get quite a bit of text

well…
ordered off of humble,
who knows when i get my codes.

3 Likes

Posting a screenshot because the tweet is deleted but the info checks out: https://www.bungie.net/en/Help/Article/46101

This is the first game I’ve ever heard of doing this. Is it really necessary?

My main guess as to why Bungie is doing this and other games “don’t have to” is their networking infrastructure. There are no dedicated servers for Destiny, and therefore the potential for messing with instances when you happen to be hosting them is much more significant than it would be in a game with dedicated servers that could validate everything is legal before propagating it to other players. D2 apparently shifts a bit more of that load onto Bungie servers than in D1, but the specific details are unclear at the moment.

It’s easy to point to preventing cheating in PvP, but tbh right now people are DDoSing their opponents until they’re forced to disconnect in Trials on PS4, so it’s not like that will stop working under this change. I think Bungie feels a lot of pride in their raids though (as they should) and they don’t want some dope with a noclip patch to spoil shit before the raid is even out.

also I guess it’s kind of ironic I’m trying to defend blocking code injection hacks when six years of my career were spent developing hacks for jailbroken iPhones but there ya go

truly a blow to the influencers

I was getting changed and saw my Gaming’s Feminist Illuminati shirt and I was thinking “this is the kind of brand power our clan needs”

2 Likes

I have no words for this one

3 Likes

the redbull thing at least kinda made sense

I mean. I like me a Pop-Tart.

it’s monster energy this year

and pop tarts for some reason

unfrosted strawberry pop tarts are pretty good if you put them in the toaster enough to warm them up but not make the crust hard

the rest of the pop tarts line up these days are pretty much gross candy rather something you’d want to have for breakfast

The fake poptarts you can get at trader joe’s are pretty good

“In collaboration with Rockstar Energy Drink and Pop-Tarts®”, we chose strategic, renowned lifestyle partners in major markets to bring the Destiny 2 universe to life,” Byron Beede, Sr. Vice President of Product Management said in the press release. “We’re bringing these partners together to complement the overwhelming excitement of Destiny 2’s launch with benefits that reward players both inside and outside of the universe.”

there is a weird dark comedy to writing like this

2 Likes