i got brown noted by the destiny loading screen when i had e coli

honestly those links make my head hurt, maybe it would be a good time to start over?

I requested a join so letā€™s see how that works?

Says I need ā€œfounder approvalā€ to set it as my clan.

ok, i approved it. iā€™m just an admin though, if you canā€™t actually set it as your clan without the actual founder ticking a box, yeah, hmmm, maybe itā€™s time we considered starting fresh?

I think it is set? So there is that.

But yeah, it might be good to start fresh with the founder being one of you dudes who is still all over this game.

I donā€™t mind as long as the name is cool.

postmodern panthers

speaking of which thanks everyone for helping me get this (which finally came in the mail yesterday)

edit damn I got owned by exif data

2 Likes

jealous! i wish iā€™d pushed for mine

I know Iā€™m mostly a lurker here but I requested a join, I hope thatā€™s alright. Being in a neuromancer named clan is very appealing to me. Iā€™m called AFellowLinguist on PSN though

totally fine! Just checked bnet though and I didnā€™t see your request, unless someone else beat me to it?

Weird PC people get the beta on August 28th.

i read (skimmed) over these extremely unhelpful links on clans and gleaned that you need to have the founder convert the clan manually, and elect a new owner (if applicable). not sure where the voodoo about ā€œ13 more people joining means auto createā€ or whatever, but i confess i skimmed

iā€™ll reach out to glanton and see if he can convert this ā€“ iā€™ll ask him to make either idiot or sakurina the owners since theyā€™ve both consistently been the most active

personal pref: subtle neuromancer reference > anything with the word ā€œpostmodernā€ in it, even if itā€™s a dece in-joke

[edit: i found all the relevant bits by being a good citizen and reading !skimming]

The bit rye quoted is pretty much all you need to read. If no action is taken by the founder by the deadline, a default action is taken. The default action depends on whether the a majority of the PMOD group members are also members of the PMOD clan. If we were to get 13 more group members that arenā€™t also in the clan, that would make clan members a minority of the group, and therefore the default action would be to stay as a Bungie.net group.

10-4

having it stay as a group (the bad option) seems highly unlikely, but iā€™ve reached out to glanton regardless in the event we want to designate a new boss

stealth edit: myself, rye, and 8128 can also just kick all of the people that arenā€™t clan members since we have admin

1 Like

yeah, if a new clan is in the cards i think we should just make it something else from neuromancer or another gibson novel, gibson is really good at names

alternatively, we could just call ourselves ā€œbrand ambassadorsā€

but iā€™d really like to stay pmod if we can, seems like that will be likely!

1 Like

i still think we should be ā€œfeministsā€ but if you guys want to do some nerd shit i guess thatā€™s fine

4 Likes

postmodern feminists

2 Likes

yes

I support this decision.

1 Like

SO abbreviation wise, do we go PFEM? PMFM? POMO? This is Important.

1 Like